Jack Bird Discussion

The Lurker claiming that Cronulla are angry at Bird because his form and attitude has changed since he signed with the Broncos. The Lurker is also claiming the reason why his form and attitude has changed is because Bennett's declaration that Kodi will be the halfback next year has put doubt in Bird's mind about the move.

Cronulla are keeping quiet about it, but they are unhappy with the form and attitude of Jack Bird since he signed his rich contract to play with the Broncos next year.

Bird was superb in his debut year in 2015, winning the Dally M Rookie of the Year award.

There was no sign of the dreaded second year syndrome last year when he was again superb, helping the Sharks to the premiership and playing much of the grand final with a serious arm injury.

But the decision to sign with Brisbane - and subsequent doubts about whether the move is right for him - have messed with Bird’s head, the Sharks believe.

The star utility is still going to the Broncos, but Wayne Bennett’s declaration that Kodi Nikorima is likely to be his halfback in 2018, have put doubts in Bird’s mind about whether he made the right move.

Coach Shane Flanagan is attempting to get Bird’s concentration back on the football field again, and the kid is talented enough to get his act together for the finals and be a force again.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...broncos-nrl/lgmebsl3rw2e1sfpjchiffvyn/slide/1

I'm really enjoying all of these articles that slander Bird's attitude and commitment with no quotes or information from anyone, it's really good journalism.

I'm really enjoying all of these articles that slander Bird's attitude and commitment with no quotes or information from anyone, it's really good journalism.

Come on, there are quotes from Barba that he wished he had rung him to warn him how bad life at the Broncos could be. Because Barba totally knows what it's like to play in a Bennett coached team.

Someone with good intel has said that bird wants out but broncs holding strong

Someone with good intel has said that bird wants out but broncs holding strong
If true, I'd be amazed if the club didn't say piss off. Why would we want someone that doesn't want to be here before they even get here? Unless Bennett really rates him as a potential superstar that he's willing to take the risk.

Still, assuming any of it is true, which maybe, maybe not, who knows. Unless it's on the record I won't believe he doesn't want to come.

If true, I'd be amazed if the club didn't say piss off. Why would we want someone that doesn't want to be here before they even get here? Unless Bennett really rates him as a potential superstar that he's willing to take the risk.

Still, assuming any of it is true, which maybe, maybe not, who knows. Unless it's on the record I won't believe he doesn't want to come.

Maybe trying to keep him for the first year to cover the loss of hunt. Yeah not sure, but he seems to have good intel .

Even if he wants out, contract signed and he will need to suck it up

Now the Lurker is saying Bird is definitely coming to the Broncos.

The golden tongue of Wayne Bennett has resolved the crisis with boom youngster Jack Bird and his decision to move to the Broncos next season.

Forget the denials - Bird was suffering from cold feet and wanted out of his rich deal with Brisbane recently.

Part of his reason was Bennett’s declaration that Kodi Nikorima will play halfback in 2018 - the spot Sharks star Bird was hoping to fill.

But Bird also has personal reasons that gave him second thoughts - a couple of relatives have taken ill and he is worried about moving so far from them.

One phone call from Bennett - and a promise that he is valued and still wanted by the Broncos - was all it took to change the youngster’s mind, however.

It has put Bird’s mind at ease and he will now make the move - and give the Broncos 100% next season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...s-jack-bird/nnhq52v5obzh1ufz7ty83xn8i/slide/1

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • MasterWright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • lakers133334
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.