OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

“They wanted to get rid of me — they might not tell me that — but I know they wanted to get rid of me.”
That there reads like someone looking for an out.
Sounds to me like a song Black Sabbath wrote 50 years ago

I thought the story was that Macca's 600K was largely going to make up the difference of Fifita's pay-rise?

They still have some cap left over, but if they want to make moves to bring in some 2022 players in early, they need to offload a few.
Boyd 800k kahu 400k you would think we would have change from what we offered fifita.

But I guess now that they are not contracted to us we suffer a reverse roosters problem where they were actually playing for pies and comes now they are gone.

Last edited:
Boyd 800k kahu 400k you would think we would have change from what we offered fifita.

But I guess now that they are not contracted to us we suffer a reverse roosters problem where they were actually playing for pies and comes now they are gone.
Boyd was only on $450k for his last year in pretty sure

Is Bird fit and ready to go now or will they get him busted like we did ?

I'm not sure how it pans out but you have to take into account upgraded contracts, Brisbane paying Croft's full freight and the possibility that those players were on less than what was reported.

They still have money to play with, but not enough to attract the kind of players they want.

I'm curious to know if the Broncos were paying any of the freight for the players they released in 2019. I would not be shocked at all if the Broncos were paying a sum of Roberts' contract, which should be off the cap now. I know with Nikorima, the Warriors supposedly paid twice his Broncos salary, so that shouldn't have been an issue.

I'm not sure how it pans out but you have to take into account upgraded contracts, Brisbane paying Croft's full freight and the possibility that those players were on less than what was reported.

They still have money to play with, but not enough to attract the kind of players they want.

I'm curious to know if the Broncos were paying any of the freight for the players they released in 2019. I would not be shocked at all if the Broncos were paying a sum of Roberts' contract, which should be off the cap now. I know with Nikorima, the Warriors supposedly paid twice his Broncos salary, so that shouldn't have been an issue.
Hopefully they don't spend what they have just for the sake of spending it and they front load some of 2021 contracts with what they do end up with left after filling the top 30 or w/e it is next year.

Okay, that is service,@Morkel you are on return, we have linespeople, an umpire and ballpersons all in place, we will just sit in the stands with our popcorn and watch the rally unfold.

Did I mention that it seems as though it is going to be a really, really long off-season.

Just briefly back on topic, I thought Bird's comments were a bit out of order, but perhaps he operates differently to me. I would have thanked the club and their fans for their support and helping him through the injuries. I would have also made the point that it has not worked out the way that he wanted and left it at that.
Yes yes yes. I'm pretty damn sure Bird wanted to give his best efforts when he came to the Broncos. I also think shit just kept coming that impeded those efforts. Punch in the nuts followed punch in the nuts yet I believe he kept trying.

I put myself in his shoes, as much as anyone can and I try to imagine how he felt. I tend to think if it was me I'd try to convince (by doing) my bosses and team mates that I was doing everything I could to get out on the paddock and win some games.

I'd also feel like I couldn't win no matter how hard I tried. What I'd struggle to deal with would be gutless, faceless, nameless dick suckers who put my efforts down, calling me names, shitting on me when I'd moved heaven and earth to get back on the field.

Boyd was only on $450k for his last year in pretty sure
Not sure about that but like most I don't really know. I believe his 4 year deal was worth about 625 pa from what a friend of the club told me.

No, I'm still a big motherfucker who'd take no shit face to face. We should meet me in person, maybe a bhq bbq and you could decide then just what you'd feel game to say.

Huge by name and by nature

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.