OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

I'm not sure how it pans out but you have to take into account upgraded contracts, Brisbane paying Croft's full freight and the possibility that those players were on less than what was reported.

They still have money to play with, but not enough to attract the kind of players they want.

I'm curious to know if the Broncos were paying any of the freight for the players they released in 2019. I would not be shocked at all if the Broncos were paying a sum of Roberts' contract, which should be off the cap now. I know with Nikorima, the Warriors supposedly paid twice his Broncos salary, so that shouldn't have been an issue.

I'm 99% sure we were chipping on for Moose. Cant remember when his Broncos contract would have finished.

I don’t know if he’s as big of a punish to be around as rumour suggests but far out he would be the finishing touch on our forward pack

Actually Pauly and Bennett ... Bennett was still the coach when McGuire was released
Yeah, funny that. It's not like it's been widely known for years that White was getting Fatsos input on the roster while Bennett was still technically our coach.

Interesting at least you've given up on the "Paul White is the bestest ever and never did anything wrong" schtick and gone back to the classics though.

I'm 99% sure we were chipping on for Moose. Cant remember when his Broncos contract would have finished.
Think he had 2 years to go when he left... has he been up north for two years yet??

I feel like he has, because I was thinking sure now they want to get rid of him and his $800k contract now that Broncos aren't chipping in anymore

Last edited:
Think he had 2 years to go when he left... has he been up north for two years yet??

I feel like he has, because I was thinking sure now they want to get rid of him and his $800k contract now that Broncos aren't chipping in anymore

Im not sure, I just know we were chipping in until his Broncos contract would have been up

Im not sure, I just know we were chipping in until his Broncos contract would have been up
Idk depends what 'released from his currant playing contract'means I guess,maybe try and get the cows to kick in 350k for 2 years if they are keen to move him on.

Well looks like his Broncos contract went to 2021.

"McGuire, who began his career with the club in 2009, will remain a Bronco at least until the end of the 2021 season when he will turn 31."

If we're still paying his contract 3 years after releasing him then that is yet another disgusting decision by this administration.

12 months out yeah fine... 24 months out yeah good to go if we aren't paying anything, but 3 yr left on your contract and we'll chip in.... What the ****!!

How does anyone in the R&R team still have a job!!

Last edited:
Idk depends what 'released from his currant playing contract'means I guess,maybe try and get the cows to kick in 350k for 2 years if they are keen to move him on.

Well looks like his Broncos contract went to 2021.

"McGuire, who began his career with the club in 2009, will remain a Bronco at least until the end of the 2021 season when he will turn 31."

If we're still paying his contract 3 years after releasing him then that is yet another disgusting decision by this administration.

12 months out yeah fine... 24 months out yeah good to go if we aren't paying anything, but 3 yr left on your contract and we'll chip in.... What the ****!!

How does anyone in the R&R team still have a job!!

I honestly don't know if the amount decreased year after year, or stayed the same, but I looking at our dealings with contracts it wouldnt surprise me if we got ripped off.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • Kev_Guz
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.