OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
Here is what Jack Bird told the Daily Telegraph:

“At the end, I felt like a burden there. Like I was just there for the sake of it. I felt like they weren’t putting their time and effort into me, my rehab. I felt like I was just another number ... they were pushing me to the side, they didn’t care about me."

“So in the end, I knew if I wanted to get back to my best I had to move. Go to someone who was willing to put their time and effort into me getting back to my best. When Wayne left, everything went south. If he wasn’t coach, I wouldn’t have went there. I would’ve gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla. I got along with all the (Broncos) boys, they were a great bunch. And I got along with Seibs as well … but I went up there for Wayne.”

“Mentally, I went through some really tough times. I went up there to play footy and I wasn’t. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy footy, but the injuries were really weighing me down.”

“I try not to let people’s opinions get the better of me,” Bird said. “But when I got injured, it was tough. There’s all these people that start talking shit about you and so, you want to go out and prove them wrong. But then you get another injury and it starts all over again. And that pressure, it was weighing me down. I wasn’t happy while also trying to impress people you don’t even care about. But then, you fail. You feel like a failure in your life.”

“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years. The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away. I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me. And being back with family and friends, close to what I’m used to … that’s what I need to be happy.”

“It (left knee) doesn’t swell up and doesn’t hurt when I run. There is still a little bit of soreness where they took out the tendon and a little bit of bone, but that’s normal. And if I keep training right, it will eventually go away. So the knee is feeling good – when I run and stuff now there are now dramas — I just need to get that confidence back. It’s just bad luck. Which is why I’ve got no doubt I’ll get back to 100 per cent.”

"Eventually I want to find a spot, but it really depends on what happens with my body over the next couple of years. If I get bigger, then backrow might be best. But if I can slim down, get fast again, then it might be back into the centres or five-eighth. A lot of people might think they do — but they don’t — and there is no doubt in my mind that I still have the ability there. It may not happen straight away, but I know I’ll be back.”

McHunt

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years. The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away. I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me.
Ahhh the joys of comfortable footy... sounds like a guy that might only turn up when he wants to

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
Just for once I’d like the club to come out and stand up for the club. **** Bird, worlds saddest millionaire. Target the prick when we play them. But of course nobody at the club will care like usual. We are everyone’s punching bag
At the least they could come out and defend their rehabbing of him... ie. "We're dissappointed to hear that from Jack and dissappointed that he hadn't raised these grievances with us prior to now. As part of Broncos duty of care we provided world class surgeons to undertake the operations and a dedicated rehab program each time... as we would for any injured player under our care. Provided mentoring from Boyd as part of his most recent rehab and whilst the group were in Covid hiatus. "

I think they could look to highlight the positive things and toe the company line.... but avoid taking pot shots at him.

Let one of the prominent Broncos separate from the club take pot shots... like that owner who called out Seibold or one of the old boys.

That would allow the club to be in a positive light and defending itself and its practices, whilst remaining outside arm's reach for any potshots

Last edited:

Bull Shark

NRL Captain
Earth
At the least they could come out and defend their rehabbing of him... ie. "We're dissappointed to hear that from Jack and dissappointed that he hadn't raised these grievances with us prior to now. As part of Broncos duty of care we provided world class surgeons to undertake the surgeries and a dedicated rehab program each time... as we would for any injured player under our care. Provided mentoring from Boyd as part of his most recent rehab and whilst the group were in Covid hiatus. "

I think they could look to highlight the positive things and toe the company line.... but avoid taking pot shots at him.

Let one of the prominent Broncos separate from the club take pot shots... like that owner who called out Seibold or one of the old boys.

That would allow the club to be in a positive light and defending itself and its practices, whilst remaining outside arm's reach for any potshots
Broncos don't need to say a thing - bone-headed, contradictory quote #116 from Bird re how good his knee is feeling, says it all.

Last edited:

The Strapper

NRL Player
Sounds like a typical entitled footballer attitude. If he was only here because of Wayne, why take up the player option to stay?
Man the **** up, shut your mouth and let your game do the talking if you’re confident you’ll get back to the top.
He took up his option because he knew with his history he wouldn't get anywhere near that money with any other club.

JAHHW

NRL Player
At least he had lots of $100 notes to wipe away the tears.

Give me a break. No one made you stay Jack, if you wanted to leave and sacrifice your mega-deal, I very much doubt the club would have stood in your way.

But then, that doesn’t suit the ‘I want the big money, but I absolutely want it on the terms that suit me’ approach.

upthebroncs

NRL Player
1607573343918.png
1607573367382.png

This is good content to look back at leading into 2021.. It's a shame it takes years for most people to agree with me.

Last edited:

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Dude, you were by no means alone thinking he wasn't a good signing, there were quite a few of us and we all wanted to be proven wrong but we weren't unfortunately.
Hehe don't worry, I see your name there liking my comments. I know I wasn't alone in thinking it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Members online

Twitter