OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
View attachment 10815
View attachment 10816

This is good content to look back at leading into 2021.. It's a shame it takes years for most people to agree with me.
You might be better off looking back at this thread when he first signed

Last edited:

ozzball

NYC Player
Ipswich
At the least they could come out and defend their rehabbing of him... ie. "We're dissappointed to hear that from Jack and dissappointed that he hadn't raised these grievances with us prior to now. As part of Broncos duty of care we provided world class surgeons to undertake the operations and a dedicated rehab program each time... as we would for any injured player under our care. Provided mentoring from Boyd as part of his most recent rehab and whilst the group were in Covid hiatus. "

I think they could look to highlight the positive things and toe the company line.... but avoid taking pot shots at him.

Let one of the prominent Broncos separate from the club take pot shots... like that owner who called out Seibold or one of the old boys.

That would allow the club to be in a positive light and defending itself and its practices, whilst remaining outside arm's reach for any potshots
Well said mate, and it's worth noting that the sook was busted when he came to us ... did we complain ... no, we fixed the troll. Enjoy your time with Hook at the Bronc's retirement home Mr Bird and thanks for reminding us all what Blues are all about.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
While without question Bird hasnt been a good signing, i think so many on here are using the benefit of hindsight to push their agendas. When we signed him, he was one of the best centers going around. He strikes me as just a footy player like somebody like Munster is with that bit of mongrel and toughness to his game( not in style of play though ). A fit and firing Jack Bird would have been an massive asset to the Broncos and we would have been fighting clubs off to keep him. Sadly for us and him, he was never fit and we never got to see what he was capable of, especially when you think the plan from Wayne was to put him in at lock and offer us another ball playing option. A fit Jack Bird is a totally different player from the one we got to see because of injury. Its the injuries that made him poor for us, not his ability.

What i have an issue with him is now is taking that player option, jumping ship with us paying a fortune for him and then bagging us. He is full of shit. We rehabbed him, tried to get him fit again and he chose to leave. Lost any respect for him. I'd have rather him just come out and say he wanted to go back down south and start fresh rather than spew out the bullshit he currently is.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
While without question Bird hasnt been a good signing, i think so many on here are using the benefit of hindsight to push their agendas. When we signed him, he was one of the best centers going around. He strikes me as just a footy player like somebody like Munster is with that bit of mongrel and toughness to his game.( not in style of play though ). A fit and firing Jack Bird would have been an massive asset to the Broncos and we would have been fighting clubs off to keep him. Sadly for us and him, he was never fit and we never got to see what he was capable of, especially when you think the plan from Wayne was to put him in at lock and offer us another ball playing option. A fit Jack Bird is a totally different player from the one we got to see because of injury. Its the injuries that made him poor for us, not his ability.

What i have an issue with him is now is taking that player option, jumping ship with us paying a fortune for him and then bagging us. He is full of shit. We rehabbed him, tried to get him fit again and he chose to leave. Lost any respect for him. I'd have rather him just come out and say he wanted to go back down south and start fresh rather than spew out the bullshit he currently is.

All of that may be true but there were a number of us who didn't like the signing initially, not because he wasn't a good player, but because it was a big money signing in a position we didn't need filled. As has long been the case, we needed a halfback or hooker and he wasn't either of those. The question was never his ability, it was the size of his contract and the fact we didn't need him.

Now, the way he has reacted and at a time when we do need him, he is gone.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
All of that may be true but there were a number of us who didn't like the signing initially, not because he wasn't a good player, but because it was a big money signing in a position we didn't need filled. As has long been the case, we needed a halfback or hooker and he wasn't either of those. The question was never his ability, it was the size of his contract and the fact we didn't need him.

Now, the way he has reacted and at a time when we do need him, he is gone.

Thing is, he was never signed to play center. Wayne wanted him to play as a ball playing lock ( Wayne must have seen the change in lock play coming ) so its not like we signed him to play at 6 or in the centers. I'm pretty sure for how we were going to start playing, we did need him. And at the risk of going over old ground, he never cost us a halfback. We just threw all our eggs into the Ash Taylor basket and we came up short. It was never Bird or a 7. At the time i did think we overpayed a little for Bird, but not a lot. Contracts seemed to have gone up quite a bit in 2017.

View attachment 10815
View attachment 10816

This is good content to look back at leading into 2021.. It's a shame it takes years for most people to agree with me.
Hahahahahaha wow... You better be correct about everything you say for the next 10 years or else I'm gonna bloody drill you for it years later....

wait a sec, I've got a life! Carry on...

Bongo

QCup Player
While without question Bird hasnt been a good signing, i think so many on here are using the benefit of hindsight to push their agendas. When we signed him, he was one of the best centers going around. He strikes me as just a footy player like somebody like Munster is with that bit of mongrel and toughness to his game( not in style of play though ). A fit and firing Jack Bird would have been an massive asset to the Broncos and we would have been fighting clubs off to keep him. Sadly for us and him, he was never fit and we never got to see what he was capable of, especially when you think the plan from Wayne was to put him in at lock and offer us another ball playing option. A fit Jack Bird is a totally different player from the one we got to see because of injury. Its the injuries that made him poor for us, not his ability.

We paid 350k more than Cronulla. That was the problem

The reason jack bird didn't work out here is simple.... injuries. Nothing else. He was our best player in the trials he played at fullback after a year and a half out of the game in anew position. He gets a good run with injuries he will be the dragons best or very close too.
Did we over pay? Yes. Did we get our money's worth? No. Did we need to cut ties with him? Yes. Is he a good player? Yes. Is he acting like a spoilt child and a bell end now? Yes. Is uptheBroncos a recruitment genius? No...

Midean

NRL Player
NSW
If i were Kevvie, the next time we play the Sharks, i would take the collar off TPJ and tell him to cannonball that dickhead into retirement.
Account for it, and give TPJ an 8 week holiday in Bali as compo for the inevitable suspension.

Deadset merkin deserves it.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
If i were Kevvie, the next time we play the Sharks, i would take the collar off TPJ and tell him to cannonball that dickhead into retirement.
Account for it, and give TPJ an 8 week holiday in Bali as compo for the inevitable suspension.

Deadset merkin deserves it.

Hehe Huge Huge would love to see the Sharks get smashed of course but what about when the Broncs play the Dragons?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Members online

Twitter