OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

How big are you anyway? Need to know before I rsvp to the bbq invite

Inside the BHQ bbq boxing ring

Image1605390911684459

New fox sports articles doing the rounds today with quotes from jack bird sticking the boot into the broncos pretty well.

Says he feels Brisbane weren't putting time and effort into his rehab, he was just another number and we didn't care about him. He goes on to say he knew if he wanted to get back to his best he had to leave to someone willing to put time and effort into him.

Obviously two sides to every story and obviously the injuries aren't his fault but given he played 17 games for us over 3 year's i don't see it necessary to bag us out like that. At least big Joe took it like a man.

What a tosser, nothing like having a bit of respect for a club that you've just spent 3 years with a ridiculous price tag and given absolutely nothing in return! Look at Josh Reynolds, he said he was a dud buy for tigers, well heck Jack bird was ten times more a dud buy for broncos and he still thinks he should stick the boot in broncos. Hope we absolutely smash the little prick when we play the dragqueens

I still don't completely understand the context of his comments. If he's referring to Walters then that's understandable since they appear to be cutting players to balance the cap better and make team preparations ahead of 2022, otherwise I don't understand where he's coming from.

Seibs didn't have a lot of time with the squad during the first pre-season so he just picked Bird at left centre which seemed like the best fit on paper. Brisbane made an effort to get Jack a lot of early ball, which really only paid dividends in the Cowboys game, every other time he struggled tremendously. It appeared Jack looked more comfortable at right centre, but he didn't even make it one game without doing his ACL.

Then in 2020, it looked like Seibs really wanted to utilise Bird more which is why he was picked at fullback. I'm not sure how the move would have panned out, but clearly Seibs thought highly enough of Bird to put him in such a pivotal position. He didn't even make it one game and then Covid hit which turned everything on it's head. If he felt ignored, he wasn't alone considering there was talk that the NRL would flat out cease to exist.

Again, I'd love to hear more because it could highlight some issues with the club but as it stands it doesn't add up.

It’s at this time broncos need to clear the air stop letting players talk shit about us when they leave.

17 games for 3 mill and then you take your option knowing full well you’re going to try and leave. **** that guy.
Also aren't we still paying the ****? Breach of contract, tear it up. **** off and enjoy the 400k at the Dragons.

I don't give a flying **** how he feels, he took up a player option then left a couple of months later. He's an absolute dickhead.

I think Jack is just an insecure and sensitive bloke with an ego. I remember in his first year at the club he whinged to the media about not feeling accepted at the club because the other fellas were putting shit on him and now he's making a dill of himself in a similar way.

Most players seem to understand when clubs let them go due to repeat injuries or not living up to expectations but occasionally you get wankers like Kahu and Bird who can't hack it. I've seen 10-year olds show more dignity being left out of a team than these flogs.

I think Jack is just an insecure and sensitive bloke with an ego. I remember in his first year at the club he whinged to the media about not feeling accepted at the club because the other fellas were putting shit on him and now he's making a dill of himself in a similar way.

Most players seem to understand when clubs let them go due to repeat injuries or not living up to expectations but occasionally you get wankers like Kahu and Bird who can't hack it. I've seen 10-year olds show more dignity being left out of a team than these flogs.

Funny both of them at the Broncos, really does speak to a massive cultural problem.

A team worth their salt would make his life absolute hell when they play them next, same with Fifita at the Titans.

Would love to see us really rip in against the Dragons (Bird/Griffin/Hunt/Norman) and Titans (Fifita/Taylor) next season but fear we are the meekest team in the comp at the moment. I hope Kevvie can inspire some mongrel in 2021.

Here is what Jack Bird told the Daily Telegraph:

“At the end, I felt like a burden there. Like I was just there for the sake of it. I felt like they weren’t putting their time and effort into me, my rehab. I felt like I was just another number ... they were pushing me to the side, they didn’t care about me."

“So in the end, I knew if I wanted to get back to my best I had to move. Go to someone who was willing to put their time and effort into me getting back to my best. When Wayne left, everything went south. If he wasn’t coach, I wouldn’t have went there. I would’ve gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla. I got along with all the (Broncos) boys, they were a great bunch. And I got along with Seibs as well … but I went up there for Wayne.”

“Mentally, I went through some really tough times. I went up there to play footy and I wasn’t. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy footy, but the injuries were really weighing me down.”

“I try not to let people’s opinions get the better of me,” Bird said. “But when I got injured, it was tough. There’s all these people that start talking shit about you and so, you want to go out and prove them wrong. But then you get another injury and it starts all over again. And that pressure, it was weighing me down. I wasn’t happy while also trying to impress people you don’t even care about. But then, you fail. You feel like a failure in your life.”

“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years. The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away. I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me. And being back with family and friends, close to what I’m used to … that’s what I need to be happy.”

“It (left knee) doesn’t swell up and doesn’t hurt when I run. There is still a little bit of soreness where they took out the tendon and a little bit of bone, but that’s normal. And if I keep training right, it will eventually go away. So the knee is feeling good – when I run and stuff now there are now dramas — I just need to get that confidence back. It’s just bad luck. Which is why I’ve got no doubt I’ll get back to 100 per cent.”

"Eventually I want to find a spot, but it really depends on what happens with my body over the next couple of years. If I get bigger, then backrow might be best. But if I can slim down, get fast again, then it might be back into the centres or five-eighth. A lot of people might think they do — but they don’t — and there is no doubt in my mind that I still have the ability there. It may not happen straight away, but I know I’ll be back.”

McHunt

Thanks for the (lack of) memories.

“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years. The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away. I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me.
Ahhh the joys of comfortable footy... sounds like a guy that might only turn up when he wants to

Sounds like a typical entitled footballer attitude. If he was only here because of Wayne, why take up the player option to stay?
Man the **** up, shut your mouth and let your game do the talking if you’re confident you’ll get back to the top.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.