OFFICIAL Jack Bird released to the Dragons

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
Good point.
Any idea why he didn’t take the knights offer?
At that time knights were looking at 3 wooden spoons in a row... I think...

They wanted Bird to be the marquee signing that they could build around and attract players with, but it was a complete unknown what Newcastle would actually achieve in his prime years and the roster around him was trash. For a guy that is now ‘comfortable’ in Wollongong it probably looked too hard to be the main man in a Joey Johns loving league town

I think they had Ponga on the books but hadn’t played for them yet and so he was completely untried at that point. Not long after they spent big on Pearce and Klemmer

Last edited:

theshed

Return of the Mac
He wanted to play under Bennett, who recruited him.

Bird was quoted "“When Wayne left, everything went south,” Bird said. “If he wasn’t coach, I wouldn’t have went there. I would’ve gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla."

https://www.thefootycorner.com/2020...ed-up-on-a-horror-three-years-at-the-broncos/
This is my issue with the playing group. Yeah Wayne was disrespected and yeah Seibold is obviously a flop, but Seibold was never going to succeed because the team was all having a sook about Wayne all year.

The idiots who pushed Wayne out deserve a lot of the blame but some of
these so called professionals sabotaged their own careers by being children about it.

Petch67

QCup Player
This is my issue with the playing group. Yeah Wayne was disrespected and yeah Seibold is obviously a flop, but Seibold was never going to succeed because the team was all having a sook about Wayne all year.

The idiots who pushed Wayne out deserve a lot of the blame but some of
these so called professionals sabotaged their own careers by being children about it.
I think there was talk oates was offered 800k to go to the dogs.....that worked out well for him...wouldnt be worth 80 cents now

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Shout out to Jack Turd for being the worst contract in the history of the organization.

Yep it is hard to argue and in a decade of horrid contracts, to be a fairly clear winner says a lot.

Horror contracts poo winners:

Bird (1st)
Kennedy (2nd)
Barba (3rd)

theshed

Return of the Mac
Yep it is hard to argue and in a decade of horrid contracts, to be a fairly clear winner says a lot.

Horror contracts poo winners:

Bird (1st)
Kennedy (2nd)
Barba (3rd)
It’s not Jack’s fault though. Except of course the fact he took up an option than left somehow causing us to pay a chunk of his contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Members online

Twitter