RUMOUR Jake Friend to Broncos

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by Sanjit Joseph, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Sanjit Joseph

Sanjit Joseph BRL Player

Apparently, Jake friend is being asked to leave Roosters so that cronk can come in. I believe we should especially that we didn't resign Wadell or we should get Jayden Nikorima (cheaper)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Tags:
  2. Morkel

Morkel

Yay Jack!

3. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Why do we need Jack Friend when we’ve got Arthur McCullough?

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

It’ll be an interesting conundrum. We of course don’t need him in the slightest and neither do Titans, nor Cowboys. He’s a Sunny Coast lad, so I can see him wanting to come closer to home.

Do Melbourne look into him, even though they already have Smith’s replacement waiting in the wings? I don’t think so. Maybe Panthers or Bulldogs? Newcastle?

5. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Even if this was the case, jack wouldn’t come here. We can’t afford him and we already have Macca locked up long term. Would be a decent pickup for the tigers if they had any money left or the knights

6. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Simple Jack

Kyall likes this.
  7. mieko

mieko QCup Player

Ma Ma Ma make it happen. Macca to lock.

8. Sanjit Joseph

Sanjit Joseph BRL Player

Agreed. but we dont have any hooker depth

9. [​IMG]

10. Battler

Battler NRL Captain

Two tackle bots in the middle of the field with zero impact running on to the ball lmao.

Lebbo73 likes this.
  11. Don't need him for the price they would have to pay for him. He isn't a depth signing as he's too good for that. Would be a waste of money.

12. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

I dont think he is that great tbh. Never got the hype around him.

13. Stix

Stix NRL Player

I don't think Cronk will go the the chooks anyway, I heard weeks ago that a certain ex Bronco playmaker had been naughty again and was going to be shown the door.
    I reckon Cronk is headed to Parra.

14. pagey

pagey NRL Captain

Norman back to Brisbane

15. Foordy

Foordy

**** no

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  16. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    We're the new half way house remember. Bennett loves to rehab these kind of players.

17. I'm down, would be quality signing probably on the cheap too if he's up to no good.

18. Lebbo73

Lebbo73 NYC Player

He went missing against the Cows!
    I heard it was Mitch who was rumored to be going to the Broncos. Sounds like bs to me but it would free up the space in the cap for the Rorters to sign Cronk!

19. Many do. Thurston/Morgan are no push overs. Milf I have the feeling is about to hit form. If he's running off guys like Lodge, Sims, TPJ with their short passing and offloads with Kniko there to slice n dice as well. We don't really need a controlling half ala Taylor, Norman, Pearce if our pack can win the middle/Meter game. We get to the 40/30 meter line fine with what we currently have, but if we get to the 20-15 line consistantly with Milf, Bird, Kniko, Roberts, Boyd, Oates, TPJ, Kahu... There's so much spark there.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Mitch Rein is actually been rumored to go to the Titans because he's been coached by former Penrith assistant and current Titans coach Garth Brennan.

I would take a pass on Jake Friend. I read an article that he is next in line to be hooker in Queensland when Cam Smith retires. I think that his highly debatable. I actually think Andrew McCullough has more upside and more talent.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.