OFFICIAL Jake Turpin re-signs

Yeah he chose to but he was on the outer already, couldn't lock down a spot at manly
Manly had already signed Api Koroisua for 2016 and Parcell manages to dislodge him after a couple of games. Api had some great moments thanks to an injury to DCE which won him the spot back when DCE returned.

Manly had to make a choice between the 2 and Parcell was keen to move to Europe - given how good Api is and Matt’s willingness to leave his contract early made the decision pretty straight forward.

He then seemingly was content viewing footy as a job that allowed for a good life style and didn’t really progress. He’s still been a pretty good stand out over there.

Manly had already signed Api Koroisua for 2016 and Parcell manages to dislodge him after a couple of games. Api had some great moments thanks to an injury to DCE which won him the spot back when DCE returned.

Manly had to make a choice between the 2 and Parcell was keen to move to Europe - given how good Api is and Matt’s willingness to leave his contract early made the decision pretty straight forward.

He then seemingly was content viewing footy as a job that allowed for a good life style and didn’t really progress. He’s still been a pretty good stand out over there.

Barrett didn't like him running, his job was to give the ball to DCE and nothing else- Matty thought that was boring and a waste.

Barrett didn't like him running, his job was to give the ball to DCE and nothing else- Matty thought that was boring and a waste.

Barrett ahead of the curve again with that one. Imagine a running hooker being effective.

I wouldnt say he has been a stand out. He has looked excellent at times, others he has been very ordinary. Towards the end of his time at leeds he wasnt great and they loaned him to Hull. His form has been pretty erratic. Statistically he looks good, but i've found when i've seen him at both Leeds and Hull he tends to drift in and out of games.

Has Levi signed for anyone or not for next year?

I never knew he was a 80 min Hooker but he looked much more comfortable then Turpin doing the big stint, even if he dips a bit and is used as a bench hooker that is the kind of 2nd choice hooker a top team would want, and lets face it Turps is getting injured at some point in any season it's been that way since he joined us.

I never knew he was a 80 min Hooker but he looked much more comfortable then Turpin doing the big stint, even if he dips a bit and is used as a bench hooker that is the kind of 2nd choice hooker a top team would want, and lets face it Turps is getting injured at some point in any season it's been that way since he joined us.

Levi is a better player, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

It's not that Turpin is a bad player but he does do a lot of things consistently at a high level, mainly in defense. I think while Turpin is our starting hooker Kevvie will always be looking around for a bench player to provide some spark for about 20-25 minutes a game, we do need something more than what Turpin has provided.

I wouldnt say he has been a stand out. He has looked excellent at times, others he has been very ordinary. Towards the end of his time at leeds he wasnt great and they loaned him to Hull. His form has been pretty erratic. Statistically he looks good, but i've found when i've seen him at both Leeds and Hull he tends to drift in and out of games.
I feel like what you’ve said is basically the same as what my last paragraph said

Lets give Levi time to string a couple of games together before we get too excited. We're so desperate to see something good, because of the shit we've been forced to eat. Turps was good when the alternative was McC......

Now Jake doesn't look so shiny. Its difficult without a proper half. We've got to get our dummy half sorted within Reynolds first year of being here .........so in year two, we can hit the ground running.

Levi did look sharp. He's been around a couple years, consistency has been his biggest issue from memory....

Lets give Levi time to string a couple of games together before we get too excited. We're so desperate to see something good, because of the shit we've been forced to eat. Turps was good when the alternative was McC......

Now Jake doesn't look so shiny. Its difficult without a proper half. We've got to get our dummy half sorted within Reynolds first year of being here .........so in year two, we can hit the ground running.

Levi did look sharp. He's been around a couple years, consistency has been his biggest issue from memory....

Yeah I don't want to confirm anything too early, but he is the first Hooker we have tried for awhile that was comfortable doing 80 mins which is what really stood out for me, given that game had alot of defence as well it made it even more impressive.

With all our decent Hooker options out for the season he will get plenty of time to prove his worth.

Levi is off to Super League unfortunately. Just when things were starting to click at dummy half. FMD

Levi is off to Super League unfortunately. Just when things were starting to click at dummy half. FMD

So either we're neglecting the hooker position yet again or we have a signing lined up. Lets hope Hodgson pops up during the off season otherwise we're in trouble.

So either we're neglecting the hooker position yet again or we have a signing lined up. Lets hope Hodgson pops up during the off season otherwise we're in trouble.
I don’t think we are neglecting it. I just think they think they have enough with Turpin, Paix and Walters. Which is fucked because we won’t improve with Turpin at hooker

People screamed their heads off when Kev signed him.

Then people screamed their heads off every time he was named (until last week)

Now people are screaming their heads off that he wasn't offered a new contract

:rofl

People screamed their heads off when Kev signed him.

Then people screamed their heads off every time he was named (until last week)

Now people are screaming their heads off that he wasn't offered a new contract

:rofl
Did they? From my memory most people were happy with the signing due to his QCup form.

The only thing I screamed about was Kev’s baffling use of him:
2 minutes 1 game
60 minutes the next
Blasted into the abyss never to be seen again

Did they? From my memory most people were happy with the signing due to his QCup form.

The only thing I screamed about was Kev’s baffling use of him:
2 minutes 1 game
60 minutes the next
Blasted into the abyss never to be seen again
It's almost like BHQ isn't a hive-mind.

I was critical of the signing, but largely due to the context surrounding it. Brisbane had to make changes right away and could have used that roster spot to sign players who had fallen out of favour at their clubs. Instead they just promoted a player who would have been available to them in a matter of weeks. If they needed to cry poor they could have just made the same argument the Roosters made for the Marshke brothers.

This was also before Reynolds and Capewell. At that point the only players being linked to the club was Karmichael Hunt and Billy Walters.

I'm fine with Levi as a depth signing and I'm also glad he's going to continue his career in the ESL.

For mine this current sentiment surrounding Levi says less about him and more about Turpin.

I was all for it, I know that and I also know I wasn't the only one. He had been really good in Q Cup.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • phoenix
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Painin the Haas
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jazza
  • Kev_Guz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.