OFFICIAL Jake Turpin re-signs

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Workhorse hooker Jake Turpin has extended his stay with the Brisbane Broncos for another season.​

The 24-year-old Queenslander has made 39 NRL appearances for the Broncos and established himself as the starting No.9 in 2021, as well as captaining Brisbane in three games this season including the upset 34-16 win over the Sydney Roosters at the SCG in Round 11.

In choosing to remain a Bronco, Turpin joins Kotoni Staggs, Jordan Riki, Kobe Hetherington, Tyson Gamble, David Mead, and exciting youngsters Brendan Piakura, Teui “TC” Robati and Selwyn Cobbo – as well as new signings for 2022 Adam Reynolds, Kurt Capewell and Brenko Lee – who have all committed to the Club in recent months. That core of Broncos also includes Payne Haas, Pat Carrigan, Herbie Farnworth, Tom Flegler and Ethan Bullemor.

Turpin said, “It’s really exciting being in the inner sanctum and seeing all the other boys re-signing and extending their contracts – it was something that I really wanted to do as well.

“I feel like we are really building to something here at this club and it’s just such a special club to be part of.

“Personally, it’s the club that I grew up following and going to the games as a young kid and I always wanted to be a part of it because it’s got so much rich history.

“I can really see this club building, I’ve got full faith in the coaches and I can see people right across the club working hard and putting things in the right direction – you can see that with lots of us re-signing, extending and new signings coming to the club next year."

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2021/07/15/turpin-extends-for-another-year/

good stuff, deal works for both.

I like it too. It gives him more time to prove he has more to his game than just tackling but also give Paix/Dossier an opportunity to prove they can overtake him or not.

As expected he takes up the PO.

Interesting that it's only the PO at this stage and the Broncos haven't looked to extend him as yet.

A guy that has been captain a few times and is the starting hooker, but they're happy for him to run into next year as a free agent.

Interesting that it's only the PO at this stage and the Broncos haven't looked to extend him as yet.

A guy that has been captain a few times and is the starting hooker, but they're happy for him to run into next year as a free agent.
Maybe Jake is taking a leaf out of our club captain’s book, after all, he hasn’t called curtains yet and still thinks he may even play on next year 😂

Maybe Jake is taking a leaf out of our club captain’s book, after all, he hasn’t called curtains yet and still thinks he may even play on next year 😂

he's said he is considering retirement

he's said he is considering retirement
He also said this, which truly is the stuff of nightmares!
Alex Glenn:

“It’s not an indication that I am retiring. Apart from myself, we don’t have too much experience in the backrow position and it’s something that’s a bit of a minefield position in our team. It’s just a great signing."

“I’m grateful that our club has locked in a star for that position and it’s not about where I stand, whether I retire or play on for one more year."

“I still haven’t made my decision yet and I’m just eager for him to come to our club. Over the next month or so I will sit down with the missus and my manager to have some honest conversations because I don’t want to be a selfish player who plays one year too long.”

the office no GIF

Interesting then, that both he and Brandon Smith will then be off-contract at the same time…

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.