OFFICIAL Jake Turpin re-signs

It's almost like BHQ isn't a hive-mind.

I was critical of the signing, but largely due to the context surrounding it. Brisbane had to make changes right away and could have used that roster spot to sign players who had fallen out of favour at their clubs. Instead they just promoted a player who would have been available to them in a matter of weeks. If they needed to cry poor they could have just made the same argument the Roosters made for the Marshke brothers.

This was also before Reynolds and Capewell. At that point the only players being linked to the club was Karmichael Hunt and Billy Walters.

I'm fine with Levi as a depth signing and I'm also glad he's going to continue his career in the ESL.

For mine this current sentiment surrounding Levi says less about him and more about Turpin.

Turpin basically got a free pass because he was all effort and wasnt Macca imo. I think in a spine position, you need more to your game than good defence and enthusiasm.

Turpin basically got a free pass because he was all effort and wasnt Macca imo. I think in a spine position, you need more to your game than good defence and enthusiasm.
Well that and he's 300k.

You get what you pay for and I think Turpin offers exactly what you'd expect at 300k. If he was a 600k player like Macca I'd bag him out weekly too.

Well that and he's 300k.

You get what you pay for and I think Turpin offers exactly what you'd expect at 300k. If he was a 600k player like Macca I'd bag him out weekly too.

Is he on that much? I'd be quite surprised if he is tbh. I suppose though he got his contract in the bad old days!

For mine this current sentiment surrounding Levi says less about him and more about Turpin.
I reckon you could have got out there last week Pete......and we'd be screaming at Ben Ikin to get you a 10yr deal. 🙃

We're that desperate to see anything above mediocre.

Well that and he's 300k.

And when the spine consisted of Boyd and Milford who, over the last few years, compiled lowlights reels showing some absolute piss poor efforts; when a bloke comes in and is all effort, it’s hard not to get excited.

Is he on that much? I'd be quite surprised if he is tbh. I suppose though he got his contract in the bad old days!
I don't know but that's the figure that's been reported a few times. Still overpriced for when he signed but given he plays 80 minutes each week I can't call it too unreasonable.

If he was sticking around post 2022 I'd offer him 220k take it or leave it but hopefully we can find better by then.

Levi is off to Super League unfortunately. Just when things were starting to click at dummy half. FMD
it's not confirmed yet, I feel he might hold off for a little bit while he is getting a starting role to prove himself.

It’s unfortunate Paix has been injured. He is far better than Turpin in attack, obviously not as good defensively, but definitely should be pitted against Turpin for a starting spot for 2022 given they are both in the final year of their contracts.

It’s unfortunate Paix has been injured. He is far better than Turpin in attack, obviously not as good defensively, but definitely should be pitted against Turpin for a starting spot for 2022 given they are both in the final year of their contracts.

Yep if Paix can ever stay not injured for a week or three, I'd throw him in to start in a heartbeat. Jake top 5 hooker Turpin is a plodder. He would have been a great hooker back in the old days but in modern rugby league, you need a hooker who is good with and without the ball. One good facet is not enough.

Active Now

• Midean
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Redux
  • Organix
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rookie Alan
  • Jazza
  • broncs30
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Scorchie
  • MrMoore
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Gray
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manifesto
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.