james oconnor

Jump ship, Rugby is broke apparently and private school pretty boys don't like the sound of pay cuts.

You get more playing rep games for League nowadays.

He's a great Rugby player, a real competitor and I think he'd make a good 5/8 or outside back.

If he took it seriously, it would take him some adjustment but he seems like he's got the athletic ability to adapt. Put it this way, I'd rather a Wallaby fly half than Corey Norman or any of the young guys the Broncos are probably going to throw to the lions this year.

His off-field issues... nothing criminal (yet) just a bit of an attitude problem and probably his loyalty/alignment with Cooper and Beale that's got him into trouble.

SBW's choice of League over Union could be watershed for union stars seeing league as not the poorer and less prestigeous code.

... but it won't happen. Probably just his agent feeding the chooks (media) to build some leverage against the ARU to re-sign him for next year.

They back flipped on Cooper, they'll do the same here.

Haven't watched much Union at all so wouldn't be able to comment on his ability. But unless we have a guaranteed 6 arriving for next year, this would be the best fallback option.

I don't think he'd be any good at all as a five-eight.

I watched the British Irish lions tour and he was awful at fly-half and got hammered by the critics for it. He's just not a distributer or playmaker, he looks far better running the ball. He could make a good winger/centre/fullback but I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole if he wanted to come to us as a five-eight.

I could see him being a decent running 5/8 in the mould of Sutton or j Reynolds. The question is. Can he kick because that's where we will be really lacking next year. If yes take him. He couldn't be worse than our other options for next year. Yes he isn't ideal. But beggars cant be choosers and he would merely be a stop gap until dce.

I don't want to go anywhere near him.

I've always thought him to be over rated, but the guy is dumber than the likes of Ferguson and Carney, just don't hear as much about him because he plays in a less popular code.

Loves himself. And isn't as crash hot as people make out.

Gee will get him. He's useless.

Do the Sharks have any money? Saw him out with Carney a few years back ;)

Do the Sharks have any money? Saw him out with Carney a few years back ;)

Yes now that Pomeroy & Mills are gone, but I assumed that was to make way for Ferguson.

I'm not keen on O'Connor at all !!

Let's invest in one of our juniors instead.

O'connor already had a sit down with the Broncos, Cowboys and the Titans, Broncos/Cowboys rejected him and the Titans showed interest.

O'connor already had a sit down with the Broncos, Cowboys and the Titans, Broncos/Cowboys rejected him and the Titans showed interest.

What a surprise lol

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.