James Roberts Drama

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Oh well, ball is in his court now. Brisbane have done their best to shield him as much as they can, if he values his career he will straighten up and fly right, if not, we've done what we can.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...k=ecbf1efeb98156d0a3b8fd24f8dcb607-1485393909

Justin Hodges wants to become a mentor for troubled Broncos star James Roberts after the centre was cleared to play this year.

The NRL yesterday delivered its findings from an investigation after the 23-year-old was accused of pulling the hair of a young woman at a Gold Coast nightclub this month.

No action will be taken against Roberts by the NRL after the integrity unit found there was not enough evidence to find him guilty.

The former Titan has placed himself on an alcohol ban and Broncos CEO Paul White said the club would enforce it.

White confirmed yesterday that the Broncos were working with Roberts to keep him on the right track and that included using mentors.

Before the outcome of the investigation was known, former Broncos skipper Hodges said he wanted to help Roberts.

Although the two did not play for Brisbane at the same time, Hodges said he was good friends with Roberts and wanted to help him realise his potential.

“If I can be a voice for him or help him in anyway, then I would be more than happy to make sure I can get the best out of him,” he said.

“I just don’t want to see him go to waste. We have so many young indigenous kids who battle through alcohol problems.

“He’s had a different upbringing than most of us, a real bad upbringing, but he loves playing football. Jimmy has so much raw ability that I don’t think he’s tapped into yet.”

Hodges suggested Roberts should do more community work, including visiting indigenous communities.

While White did not go into detail about the Broncos’ plans for Roberts, he said mentors would be a crucial part of helping him move forward.

“There needs to be a lot of mentors,” White said. “We all need to be accountable.”

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Great if this means a booze ban for all of this season . Would be great for his game .

Only question is what do they do if he falls off the wagon ? Can be hard going cold turkey . But that's exactly what's required.

No booze and 5kgs lighter....how quick will he be now....

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So Roberts put himself on an alcohol ban, not the club?

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
That's the spirit..

I personally think he'll finally get the message and pull his head in, at this point if it doesn't sink in that he's gotta stay sober, it never will.
Easier said than done though. It will be hard for him to stay home while the boys are out celebrating a victory. I realise that is exactly what is required but that is not in his personality. He is a party boy and that won't change.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Hope hodgo gives him a trademark spray to keep him in line

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
If he sorts his shit, he'll be a rep player.

He can help win a premiership or hinder winning it.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
There's more important things in life than footy. He sounds to have s real problem and it would be great to hear some of the other boys in the team are supporting him by having a break from the drink so it's easier for him to keep away from it.

Hell, it would be awesome if a large group of bronco fans would get around him and have no drinks during February or something like that to show him people care.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There's more important things in life than footy. He sounds to have s real problem and it would be great to hear some of the other boys in the team are supporting him by having a break from the drink so it's easier for him to keep away from it.

Hell, it would be awesome if a large group of bronco fans would get around him and have no drinks during February or something like that to show him people care.

Done!! (I don't drink anyway)

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Chris Garry interviewed his manager on the news tonight, he said Roberts wants to be a Bronco for life and appreciates that we've stood by him, and his manager said he has no interest in listening to offers from anyone other than the Broncos for his next contract.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped, nothing would please me more than to see him come out and win Dally M Centre of the year for us in 2017.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.