OFFICIAL James Roberts granted immediate release

I’m sure Seibold is aware that Roberts needs to be treated differently from the others and you need to have your kid gloves on or he might get upset, but Seibold just wasn’t interested in doing it. I can’t blame him for that. The way Bennett talked today it was like Seibold has no idea what’s required.
I'm thinking Siebs had the man management skills to handle Jimmy(I'm sure his teaching skills would have suited Jimmy), but he never got to use them as Benny was white-anting him for God knows how long. As soon as Benny made it known to Jimmy that there was a chance he would be coming to Souffs Siebs never had a chance of coaching Jimmy. Benny's 'plan', which he smugly gloats was 'executed' to ensure of that.
[automerge]1559201429[/automerge]
The 'R' in the title at the top of the page he's signing should be deleted and the prefix - 'illegal' should be scrawled in.

Last edited:
I’m sure Seibold is aware that Roberts needs to be treated differently from the others and you need to have your kid gloves on or he might get upset, but Seibold just wasn’t interested in doing it. I can’t blame him for that. The way Bennett talked today it was like Seibold has no idea what’s required.

There’s also an argument to say that James needs to stand on his own feet, put his head down and earn his way in life. How much longer is Wayne going to keep bailing him out? I’m well versed in needing support through tough times (hell I’ve needed it), but James is 26 and a father x2. When if not now? What message is that sending his kids?

It’s going to cripple him for life. Darius has managed to overcome it and be able to function without Wayne, but I don’t think James will be as successful

As soon as Bennett was cleared out. We had rothfield and Kent talking about how great our facilities and management were.

They're don't hate the Broncos. But they do have a shit spot for Bennett. And I can understand it

Yeah maybe at first but it hasn't been so fir awhile. The media has not been so friendly towards seibold and Brisbane for awhile imo
[automerge]1559206113[/automerge]
I'm one of those Dads, I'm a Bennett fanboy, and I'm fucking furious FTR.

I'm happy for them to be playing games. "We've had no interest, he hasn't approached us formally for a release, we intend him to see out his contract". But an outright fucking lie, "He won't be here in 2019 or 2020" is an outright fucking lie, I don't care why.

It's also what DCE did, after months of "my plans haven't changed" (giving him an "out" if his plans all along were to stay with Manly), he was outright asked by an official or journo, on the record, "will you be playing for the Titans" and he said "yes". That's what pushed me over the line with him, the flat out lie.

How many times have coaches denied signings , then all of a sudden!! They are!!
Who cares if he's lied , they fucking do it!

Last edited:
Whether he scored the last try, or the try that put us ahead, or the first try or anything else is irrelevant. Jimmy's speed gave him the ability to rapidly turn the tables on the opposition. We could be trapped defending our goal line or deep in our own half and it would only take a dropped ball or a half break and he'd be gone.

I'm not glad he's gone but it sounds like there was no alternative. Hope he plays well except for against us.
Yeah but how many times did this happen? Not many... if any... undoubtably fast but he never got into space and his defence was very questionable

The more i think about it, the brutal reality for James is that, without his speed hes not that great an NRL standard player. You can't build a successful football team carrying someone with a substantial attitude difference. I dont know how well that will rub at Souths as WB is reaping thw rewarfsof whay Seibs and Mcgee set before him. Compare Walker to Roberts, you tell me they both attend the same party?

Like many, i am actually impressed with these actions.

One of my criticisms under bennett was the kiddy gloves he often used with players. I think this may have contributed to the inconsistency in recent times. Our team did not have the mental fortitude/toughness when times were tough i.e. closing close games, coping after mistakes or working our way back into matches.

Seibs approach has shown that whether you are the incumbent NSW centre, new teenage sensation etc , all players are treated equally and expected to put in the effort and meet club expectations. In theory, this will hopefully contribute to commited and mentally stronger players. If players are not willing to buy into this approach, are these the type of players we need in our team?

Look at the consistently performing clubs across the recent years (i.e melbourne, roosters) they have tough uncomprimising coaches. I.e. Robinson dropped mitchell early one year but he put in the effort to work his way into the side and is now arguably the form centre of the comp, bellamy tears players to shreds but they are tougher for it.

This is just my opinion anyway.

WB certainly was larger than life wasn't he. 6 months later and he still gets page after page of posts.
No surprise there, we're still feeling his last tenure (positive and negative aspects of it).
Besides he still has a fair share of sycophants as well as people who dislike him on BHQ, who won't forget to bring him up, especially under the current circumstances.

Last edited:
I think Wayne will get Roberts going in the right direction particularly in the short term, Souths are in the 'honeymoon' period at the moment and going well just like we were when Wayne returned and I expect Roberts to have a big game next week.

The real test will be next year and what sort of impact Roberts attitude (and if Wayne gives him special treatment) has on the rest of the squad in the longer term.

I think Wayne will get Roberts going in the right direction particularly in the short term, Souths are in the 'honeymoon' period at the moment and going well just like we were when Wayne returned and I expect Roberts to have a big game next week.

The real test will be next year and what sort of impact Roberts attitude (and if Wayne gives him special treatment) has on the rest of the squad in the longer term.
Even if WB gets the best out of jimmy, how many more years will WB be coaching? If jimmy cant work under other coaches, i fear he wont end his nrl career on his own terms. But i hope im wrong as it would be a real waste of talent.

Even if WB gets the best out of jimmy, how many more years will WB be coaching? If jimmy cant work under other coaches, i fear he wont end his nrl career on his own terms. But i hope im wrong as it would be a real waste of talent.

At least two after this one

No surprise there, we're still feeling his last tenure (positive and negative aspects of it).
Besides he still has a fair share of sycophants as well as people who dislike him on BHQ, who won't forget to bring him up, especially under the current circumstances.
Seems like it's only the latter who are bringing him up now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.