RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moley said it isn't the Rabbitohs either.. hmm.. strange..

The Storm is someone we haven't considered, they still have a fair bit of cap room I'm pretty sure,

I'm not sure the Storm would cause the backlash that Gould is talking about though.

"I have been told. (Where Roberts is going) I hope the mail is wrong which is why I won't repeat it. But there will be backlash"

Quote from Gus Gould on Twitter about 15 minutes ago

Edit: He's confirmed it's another NRL team, and has ruled out Eels, Roosters, Bulldogs, Panthers, Dragons.

Where else could he go that might cause a stir?.. I'm thinking probably Rabbitohs..

Maybe it's because there is always backlash when the Broncos and Titans sign each clubs players?

Titans oh boy, how could you be so incompetent?

Intersting how everyone seems to know where he is about to sign, when his advisor has stated that of late Monday they hadn't talked to anyone yet. Whether you can believe that or not is another story i suppose.

What a rabble. One arse clown in the office ***** it for the Titans. Seriously it seems like there will always be 1 person at the Titans who will **** it for them. I feel for Neil Henry.

Going by what Gould said and the clubs that have been ruled out, it could be us.

We would cause a backlash. Signing the Titans best player to a squad that missed out on the premiership by a point. People would be pissed... And I welcome that.

Moley's latest update is that we're "Keen", in other words he hasn't got a clue, like everyone else.

I get the feeling he won't be coming honestly, dunno why.

Not so sure.

A couple of seasons ago he was off the rails. Not sure what the Titans have done to improve that.

Just don't put him next to Milford in defence.

Yes please!!!! You can't train that kind of speed but you can train the mistakes and missed tackles out of him (Gillet!)

Going by what Gould said and the clubs that have been ruled out, it could be us.

We would cause a backlash. Signing the Titans best player to a squad that missed out on the premiership by a point. People would be pissed... And I welcome that.
Going to another NRL run club would cause a huge backlash

So if Wayne Bennett phoned you and said he would like you to come and join the best NRL club in the world and that you will have the best chance ever to win a premiership and you only have to move just down the road, what would you do?

For me, even if the deal is for the same money it's a no brainer.

Don't really put much faith in what Goose Gould has to say. He usually has an agenda.

So if Wayne Bennett phoned you and said he would like you to come and join the best NRL club in the world and that you will have the best chance ever to win a premiership and you only have to move just down the road, what would you do?

For me, even if the deal is for the same money it's a no brainer.

Yeah this. Was going to post something very similar.

If we are interested and Roberts has any brains at all he will join the Broncos.

He seems to have settled down here and is finally starting to show his potential and at 22 he could be anything.

The Broncos can offer him the chance to stay where he is settled, a coach that is renowned for keeping players on the straight and narrow and the chance to win multiple premierships.

I'd be interested to know what Souths think about Inglis at the moment, with all these rumours flying around that he wants to come back to Brisbane to finish his career. I can't see Roberts signing with us for some reason, this is the scenario that keeps cropping up in my head as the one that makes the most sense for all 3 parties.

Rabbitohs release Inglis to join the Broncos effective immediately, they pay about 25% of his salary for next season, we pay the rest with what we've got under the cap and 3rd party top ups, Roberts joins the Rabbitohs on a back-ended deal, Souths also probably sign Lafai or Hiku with the remaining Inglis money.

This move improves the Broncos immediately and prolongs the championship window for Souths (Which was previously confined to however long Inglis and Burgess were on the same team)

End result would be something like -

1. Inglis
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Copley
5. Kahu

1. Roberts
2. Gray
3. Auva'a
4. Lafai
5. Johnston

Bennett has stated numerous times he thinks Boyd is the best fullback in the game so i doubt he will move him from there to put Inglis Fullback. Id much prefer Inglis as fullback though.

I think Inglis has gone a bit stale at the Rabbitohs and he's in need of a change and if he came here in 2016 i think he would find his best form again.

I think you would find Inglis would take a centre spot, while Wayne is in charge I don't think Darius will be moved from fullback.

Reed and Copley while both are adequate they are certainly both replaceable if better options become available, Roberts and/or Inglis would be better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Big Del
  • Dreaglor
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • leish107
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • phoenix
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.