RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Means they (should) have the money for Roberts. Didn't Sourhs come out recently and deny Walker is going to be released? They wouldn't suddenly allow it without a replacement.

If the reports about Burgess are true, I don't see how they do have the money.

They had to offload players so they can sign Burgess. I don't see how they could afford both Burgess and Roberts when you take into the consideration the players they have offloaded.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Roberts should be cheaper than Walker, it will save them some money with that swap. I'm sure someone at Souths came back from holiday and said Walker is going nowhere. Will look it up.

Means they (should) have the money for Roberts. Didn't Sourhs come out recently and deny Walker is going to be released? They wouldn't suddenly allow it without a replacement.

Wasn't walker release all about finding money for Burgess contract that still hasn't been registered?

Wasn't walker release all about finding money for Burgess contract that still hasn't been registered?

Yeah but they really don't have any good replacements. It would save $100k+ without losing much, if anything, in talent. It all adds up, like releasing what's-his-name to the Tits and potentially Grevsmljghutv to the Panthers.

Walker to manly has been on since the OD. I'm not saying you're not correct its just not a new development.

From the 19th of November:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...mmediate-release/story-fnp0lyn3-1227615938423

SOUTH Sydney have refused Dylan Walker an immediate release to join Manly after the Australian Test centre was offered a four-year deal to join the Sea Eagles next season.

Walker looked like being squeezed out of South Sydney as a result of the Sam Burgess-sparked salary cap saga.

But just days after he was told he could talk to rival clubs as Souths attempt to free up salary cap space to accommodate Burgess’ return, the Rabbitohs have performed a stunning reversal and have now denied Walker a request to be released from the final season of his deal.

Walker was told on Wednesday he would be staying at Redfern until the end of 2016 despite agreeing a deal to join Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans and Brett Stewart in a potent Manly backline next season.

But in a move that has left Manly officials upset, coach Michael Maguire has returned from a trip to the UK and told Walker he would not sign his release papers.

Walker’s manager refused to confirm or deny the South Sydney situation when contacted on Thursday night.

“Lots of things are in motion and the pieces need to fall in place.’’

Walker was expected to be the latest in a line of Sea Eagles signings after it was revealed the club was manoeuvring to offload players including Jamie Buhrer, Peta Hiku, Brenton Lawrence and Josh Starling.

Maguire did not return calls on Thursday night.

The Rabbitohs are now expected to turn their attention to their forward pack with Chris McQueen rumoured to be the player in their immediate sights.

The former State of Origin forward has been linked to a Queensland homecoming with the Gold Coast Titans speculated as a potential home.

Penrith, St George, Parramatta, the Gold Coast and Melbourne had also expressed interest in Walker.

Walker signed the contract as an 18 year old before he had even played for Australia.

Whatever money he was on, wouldn't be able to compensate a Dally M centre.

It may not even compensate Burgess just yet.

Walker not going anywhere,
Roberts happy at the titans.
Coach has our full support.
yet here we are.

Walker signed the contract as an 18 year old before he had even played for Australia.

Whatever money he was on, wouldn't be able to compensate a Dally M centre.

It may not even compensate Burgess just yet.

I'll see what I can find. Happy to be proven wrong, I just had in my head that he re-signed alongside Reynolds and was on like $550k - $600k. I've been wrong plenty though.

What I reckon happens in these situations is . Manly say fine we'll take walker ,but you pay 300k of contract. coach comes out and says "he's not going anywhere" blah blah. manly come back with 150K. They Negotiate and rattle their sabers in the media.

What I reckon happens in these situations is . Manly say fine we'll take walker ,but you pay 300k of contract. coach comes out and says "he's not going anywhere" blah blah. manly come back with 150K. They Negotiate and rattle their sabers in the media.

Clubs have to pay market value.

So if the NRL say his market value is 400k & he is on 600k, the club getting the 'released' player has to pay 400k, his old club pay the rest.

This was the last deal Walker signed with South Sydney

Rabbitohs re-sign Walker for 3 Years | NRL | Zero Tackle

Sourced from the South Sydney website on June 28th, 2013.

Souths and Walker never re-negotiated from that point on.

I'd be very surprised if Souths can afford Roberts.

Then again, I'm surprised the Dragons apparently have $500K free and that Manly were able to sign Tapau & Walker after they reportedly made DCE the richest player in the game.

Why are you guys trying to talk yourselves into believing Roberts is signing with us?

Clubs have to pay market value.

So if the NRL say his market value is 400k & he is on 600k, the club getting the 'released' player has to pay 400k, his old club pay the rest.
My understanding is that the new club would negotiate the new deal with the player, unless its underhanded this would reflect the player market value,they then would squeeze as much as possible out of the old club. then register the contract. If the NRL has a problem with the amount being paid it would become an issue at this point. but essentially a players value is determined by the market

This was the last deal Walker signed with South Sydney

Rabbitohs re-sign Walker for 3 Years | NRL | Zero Tackle

Sourced from the South Sydney website on June 28th, 2013.

Souths and Walker never re-negotiated from that point on.

I'd be very surprised if Souths can afford Roberts.

Then again, I'm surprised the Dragons apparently have $500K free and that Manly were able to sign Tapau & Walker after they reportedly made DCE the richest player in the game.

You're right. Just looked it up myself. Signed in 2013 for the '14, '15, '16 seasons. That settles that.

Who said?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...sydney-rabbitohs/story-e6frf3uu-1227198018246

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.