RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm keeping the faith in Smokin Joe lol

Just tuned in to 7 news sydney to see what the fuss was about, they reckon grant is a done deal to the tigers and they said roberts is leaning towards the bunnies because they are offering more $$. in other words just the same old shit.
Nothing new there, rumours Grant was being shopped around way before Roberts even came on the scene, souths were rumoured to be doing it to make way for Burgess.

Last edited:
I'd say it's extremely likely that he's already signed with Broncos at some stage within the last 10 days.. All of the speculation since is about whether he'll use that cooling off period to hop to Souths (who appear to be clearing the decks to up their offer)

Could someone copy and paste the article in the courier mail please. Never let's me open it when i type news.com

THE Broncos are confident they can fend off the Rabbitohs and land their Christmas wish — James Roberts’ signature on a cut-price deal.
Flashy former Titans centre Roberts is poised to reject offers from several other clubs including Souths and Dragons to accept a smaller deal to head to Brisbane.
Dale Copley, the Broncos three-quarter who faces being shipped on by Brisbane to fit Roberts beneath the salary cap, has been sounded out by Parramatta for next season.
Roberts’ likely recruitment will be perfectly timed given the loss of Justin Hodges to retirement.
With halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford inside him, Roberts would add another dimension to one of the most lethal attacking backlines in the competition.
Roberts has a chequered history of behavioural problems but is hoping a move to Brisbane will enhance the progress he made at the Gold Coast and help him gain the representative recognition he craves.
Though Roberts’ contract was believed to be as low as $200,000-a-season there is no way Brisbane could have made him the offer without moving on a player.

Roberts’ manager Jeremy Donovan on Monday said there had been no decision by the sought-after outside back.
Roberts was spotted at the weekend following the Broncos on Instagram, a development which is the latest of a series of several dots being joined.
The practice of NRL clubs shipping on their players despite a contract to accommodate a recruit so far into an off-season is an unfortunate fact of life for NRL players and one the Rugby League Players Association’s latest management team should seek to reform.
NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste Brown will not necessarily sit still for the amount the Broncos claim to have paid for Roberts.
He would ask St George Illawarra and South Sydney what they offered the tackle-breaking centre and has the power to rate Roberts’s value towards the salary cap as what the contracted amount is.
But the reality is that the Broncos can continue to offload enough players to satisfy the auditor.“The problem for the player being moved on sometimes is that he is devalued by this process,’’ a leading league player manager told The Courier-Mail.
“People wonder, ‘what’s wrong with him? There has to be some reason his club doesn’t want him’.
“The clubs put pressure on players and their managers to force him out, sometimes by saying he won’t be playing first grade. So what’s your best option?
“The RLPA is supposed to better now in supporting players than they used to be but the players shouldn’t have to put up with this. It’s a disgrace that coming up to Christmas that players are being moved on.’’
Sydney Roosters had considerable trouble getting Blake Ferguson’s contract accepted by the NRL last year after signing him on a deal below market rate and Souths had to make more than one attempt to gain approval last week for Sam Burgess’s registration.

THE Broncos are confident they can fend off the Rabbitohs and land their Christmas wish — James Roberts’ signature on a cut-price deal.
Flashy former Titans centre Roberts is poised to reject offers from several other clubs including Souths and Dragons to accept a smaller deal to head to Brisbane.
Dale Copley, the Broncos three-quarter who faces being shipped on by Brisbane to fit Roberts beneath the salary cap, has been sounded out by Parramatta for next season.
Roberts’ likely recruitment will be perfectly timed given the loss of Justin Hodges to retirement.
With halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford inside him, Roberts would add another dimension to one of the most lethal attacking backlines in the competition.
Roberts has a chequered history of behavioural problems but is hoping a move to Brisbane will enhance the progress he made at the Gold Coast and help him gain the representative recognition he craves.
Though Roberts’ contract was believed to be as low as $200,000-a-season there is no way Brisbane could have made him the offer without moving on a player.

Roberts’ manager Jeremy Donovan on Monday said there had been no decision by the sought-after outside back.
Roberts was spotted at the weekend following the Broncos on Instagram, a development which is the latest of a series of several dots being joined.
The practice of NRL clubs shipping on their players despite a contract to accommodate a recruit so far into an off-season is an unfortunate fact of life for NRL players and one the Rugby League Players Association’s latest management team should seek to reform.
NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste Brown will not necessarily sit still for the amount the Broncos claim to have paid for Roberts.
He would ask St George Illawarra and South Sydney what they offered the tackle-breaking centre and has the power to rate Roberts’s value towards the salary cap as what the contracted amount is.
But the reality is that the Broncos can continue to offload enough players to satisfy the auditor.“The problem for the player being moved on sometimes is that he is devalued by this process,’’ a leading league player manager told The Courier-Mail.
“People wonder, ‘what’s wrong with him? There has to be some reason his club doesn’t want him’.
“The clubs put pressure on players and their managers to force him out, sometimes by saying he won’t be playing first grade. So what’s your best option?
“The RLPA is supposed to better now in supporting players than they used to be but the players shouldn’t have to put up with this. It’s a disgrace that coming up to Christmas that players are being moved on.’’
Sydney Roosters had considerable trouble getting Blake Ferguson’s contract accepted by the NRL last year after signing him on a deal below market rate and Souths had to make more than one attempt to gain approval last week for Sam Burgess’s registration.

Cheers Mate

I'm fine with moving on a player or two, as long as we don't lose any of the important backline pieces (Boyd, Kahu, Oates)

Fixed :takdir:

Nah, I think my version was fine. I'd love to keep Dale and give Reed the flick as much as you, but I just don't see it happening.

If the 2 options are lose Copley, sign Roberts and keep Copley, don't sign Roberts.. I'm picking the former.

Nah, I think my version was fine. I'd love to keep Dale and give Reed the flick as much as you, but I just don't see it happening.

If the 2 options are lose Copley, sign Roberts and keep Copley, don't sign Roberts.. I'm picking the former.

No one wants to keep Copley and give Reed the flick as much as me.

2^10 posts in this thread now, I wish the Broncos could just hurry up and announce the signing.

dobbo just said on MMM radio (yeah i know its dobbo) that 100% roberts is going to broncos next year and should be training with them on first day back in january. although he also said he technically has not signed the contract yet

Just add it to the pile of he has signed at X but won't be announced till such and such a date.

dobbo just said on MMM radio (yeah i know its dobbo) that 100% roberts is going to broncos next year and should be training with them on first day back in january. although he also said he technically has not signed the contract yet

Japanese rugby it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Inside pass
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.