RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copley I'd say. Would be sad to see him go. Prefer we lose Reed. Copley is like Ben Hunt...Great team man.

How is reed any less of a team man? And how exactly is Copley anything like Ben Hunt? When exactly was Copley riding the pine whilst being offered more elsewhere?

That's my opinion. Is that ok with you?

I love copley too far more than reed. But i have a feeling we will be talking about reed going in the near future.

I think it would be more upsetting if we had to get rid of a club champion..ie a thaiday, parker type to another club...But this is business. And the Brisbane Broncos is a big brand name.

Just take a look at the sales that south sydney have had since sam burgess has come back..

The talk of players being moved on is somewhat incorrect. The players discussed currently have been given choices/options and they are weighing those up. This is what's contributing to the delays. One of these options is to stay and fight for a spot.

The Broncos have been nothing but absolutely professional in this situation, but like I said a week or more ago, there are a number of moving parts to this that aren't being played out in the media or Daniel Dowells inbox on Facebook. There are players careers at stake and clubs playing rosters to be finalised. I wouldn't be holding my breath for an announcement of any sorts before Christmas, however it may all come together today or tomorrow and fall into place.

so it is definitely being announce today or tomorrow smokin' Joe

Thanks Joe. I take it from that nobody is being forced to move on for salary cap reasons but someone has been told they might not get a regular run in first grade when Roberts comes so they are being given a chance to jump ship now while they still can. That sounds fair enough to me.

Hopefully they can all stay and the Reed vs Copley argument can be sorted out on the field, like it should be.

From what Smokin Joe has said you cannot fault the club for the way they are going about this. given them the chance to go elsewhere now if they don't think they can win their spot back is the best thing to do, because this is when their asking price would be highest.

Glad to hear the club is doing what's right. Happy to support such a professional organization

If no one leaves though, we don't get Roberts, it's likely the NRL won't register his contract, a la Souths and Burgess. It's almost like a standoff and a bluff, because if no one leaves then they can't sign Roberts, meaning if they all hold their nerve they won't have to compete with Roberts for a spot etc etc.

I keep hearing that the Broncos can not sign him, they can't make the numbers work. They can not go in with a low ball offer as the NRL has publicly stated that offers must be the equivalent of the last Titans offer or the contract will be rejected.

Plus, they would need to release atleast one player, possibly 2.

If no one leaves though, we don't get Roberts, it's likely the NRL won't register his contract, a la Souths and Burgess. It's almost like a standoff and a bluff, because if no one leaves then they can't sign Roberts, meaning if they all hold their nerve they won't have to compete with Roberts for a spot etc etc.

How so? We have lost enough and even with upgrades etc we should still be ahead doubt we will be paying Kennedy a cent and Garbutt's money is free, Barba's cash has one more year to run at worst, we shouldn't have too much of an issue.

On the Rabbitohs forum the guy who has all the inside information has said that he has chosen the Broncos.

I'm confident juggling the cap and getting contracts sorted is the least of our problems. We're not Parramatta, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • DMZ
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.