• Yes

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
That makes no sense.

The Broncos stick by him when every other club would have sacked him, but then refuse to re-sign him because of his off field issues despite him being one of our best players this year?

The ****?
Daniel Hillhouse: Do you think Brisbane are interested in re-signing James Roberts. Also do you think Nikorima will take up the number 7 spot in 2018 I think he might be the man for the job.
The Lurker: I think Wayne is fed up with Roberts - as good a player as he is, he is trouble off the field. Nikorima fair player but not the answer if they want to win the comp.

Actually we'll know for sure in the next month how committed he is to his reform. A lot players go off the rails when they can't play for an extended period, especially when they have substance abuse issues. I hope and suspect the broncos will have catered for this situation with him, but its still up to him to get through it. He has been encouraging in his commitment whilst playing. If he gets through this well, i'd sign him for the long term.

Daniel Hillhouse: Do you think Brisbane are interested in re-signing James Roberts. Also do you think Nikorima will take up the number 7 spot in 2018 I think he might be the man for the job.
The Lurker: I think Wayne is fed up with Roberts - as good a player as he is, he is trouble off the field. Nikorima fair player but not the answer if they want to win the comp.
No one doubts what the Lurker said ...

All anyone is saying is that the Lurker knows sweet **** all (and I'm being generous)

Mass media - "Roberts has suffered an injury after seeming to have gotten his off field life in order"

Lurker - "He's trouble and Wayne is fed up with him"

.....Something isn't marrying up here, and I know which one I believe less.

Mass media - "Roberts has suffered an injury after seeming to have gotten his off field life in order"

Lurker - "He's trouble and Wayne is fed up with him"

.....Something isn't marrying up here, and I know which one I believe less.

Who cares about a few minor overblown media beat ups. Sign him while we can play up the off field bulls*** and injured to avoid a price blow out and be the guys who stuck with him. Should have signed him for 3 years weeks ago. If he really arcs up his contract has a firing clause for bad behaviour. The guy is the closest thing we've had to the pearl on field and employ the pearl who seems like a stand up guy and role model to mentor him on and off the field.

If what lurker says is right, why sign him at all. Why play him when we have other talent to be developed. You sign a Roberts type player with eyes wide open.

If what lurker says is right, why sign him at all. Why play him when we have other talent to be developed. You sign a Roberts type player with eyes wide open.
I wouldn't even bother with the hypotheticals...emphasis on the 'I think.' It's subjective - he has no fucking clue.

I wouldn't even bother with the hypotheticals...emphasis on the 'I think.' It's subjective - he has no fucking clue.
He's probably trying to register some attention by making up headlines.

He would have zero inside knowledge of what's going on at the broncos.

This is similar to Weidler reporting today that Roberts' kid is living in Sydney so might be a target for Sydney clubs. Like it's some scoop or something.
Come on Danny, keep up.

Who cares about a few minor overblown media beat ups. Sign him while we can play up the off field bulls*** and injured to avoid a price blow out and be the guys who stuck with him. Should have signed him for 3 years weeks ago. If he really arcs up his contract has a firing clause for bad behaviour. The guy is the closest thing we've had to the pearl on field and employ the pearl who seems like a stand up guy and role model to mentor him on and off the field.
He is no guarantee of re-signing especially when there is a kid in the picture. He could make a great income in Sydney and have a more functional family life. I'm am confident that he will stay but wouldn't be overly shocked if he didn't. He is a bit of a problem child and may not be worth the hassle as far as the Broncos are concerned. As a fan, I would be devastated but such is life in this game.

I was talking to a chap who followed another today and He was saying that while Roberts has improved drastically he said Fact is a number of guys I know who live in Brisbane (like I do) have witnessed first hand his behaviour….its not as bad as it was, but still not the angel the club is portraying him to be. and
I still hear of stories around Brisbane of him playing up big time and acting the fool out in public regularly, so it doesn’t sound like he is “all right” now.
Can anyone inform me if they are correct or not

I was talking to a chap who followed another today and He was saying that while Roberts has improved drastically he said Fact is a number of guys I know who live in Brisbane (like I do) have witnessed first hand his behaviour….its not as bad as it was, but still not the angel the club is portraying him to be. and
I still hear of stories around Brisbane of him playing up big time and acting the fool out in public regularly, so it doesn’t sound like he is “all right” now.
Can anyone inform me if they are correct or not
Have heard a little bit of the same. I do know that Bennett's patience is wearing thin with him and his future is still clouded.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • mitch222
  • johnny plath
  • RolledOates
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Financeguy
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.