Do we re-sign Roberts?

• Yes

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Considering how much he has lost since coming back to nrl, i think giving up on his nfl dream has really played with jarrod hayne mentally. I think in giving it up he has given up a little on himself. Kind of like climbing everest and failing, only to go hiking up a hill. His heart doesnt seem to be in it anymore, but rugby league is all he knows. I think it might be good for him to start looking at life after football, and pushing himself in that direction. The titans could do him and the club a favour and maybe look at getting him some proffessional help like the broncos have brought in to help him re-align mentally to the challenge

Roberts is a decent chance of playing for NSW imo. He is a game breaker and he'll be considered even if it is on the wing.

I hope he does. It'll be nice cheering for one of his brain snaps for a change..... instead of cursing them.

What is James Roberts on now and how much should the Broncos offer him?
I'm sure he'll get much more if he auctions himself off for market value.

There is a hell of a lot of rubbish being peddled in the media. 99% of it is made up and/or complete guess work.

Indeed. Read Crash Craddock's latest garbage about why the Broncos should wait 'X' (X being some indeterminate amount of time) before signing him to ensure he is on the road to recovery.

What a lot of steaming hot, you know what. Sign him ASAP. If he goes off the rails, the NRL will deregister him and we will have lost him just as surely as we would if another club signs him. If he doesn't, we have a world class centre who is grateful we have shown so much trust in him.

Thank god these knobs (journos) aren't in charge of jack sh*t. We would be an absolute basket case with them...

Not to steer this thread off topic, but despite what people think of Hayne as person, on his day he is one of the most amazing attacking players going. He has been a stand out in what is otherwise an absolute shameful period in NSW history.

If he shows some form leading into origin, they'd be silly not to pick him somewhere in the backline.

As for how much we should pay Roberts, however much we can sensibly afford to pay him. He's a gun.

Not to steer this thread off topic, but despite what people think of Hayne as person, on his day he is one of the most amazing attacking players going. He has been a stand out in what is otherwise an absolute shameful period in NSW history.

If he shows some form leading into origin, they'd be silly not to pick him somewhere in the backline.

As for how much we should pay Roberts, however much we can sensibly afford to pay him. He's a gun.
I can see a Brett Stewart like fade-out to Haynes career.

His form since returning hasn't been very good at all, you have fans not caring if he leaves to free up cash for next season, other fans are loving what Tyrone Roberts is doing at FB. I think his origin days might be well behind him

Roberts is a decent chance of playing for NSW imo. He is a game breaker and he'll be considered even if it is on the wing.

He might be a revelation on the wing with his speed and nose for the tryline

I can see a Brett Stewart like fade-out to Haynes career.

His form since returning hasn't been very good at all, you have fans not caring if he leaves to free up cash for next season, other fans are loving what Tyrone Roberts is doing at FB. I think his origin days might be well behind him

Worst thing the Titans could have done getting Hayne in. Destroyed their momentum as a club and lost players like Mead who had been there through thick and thin and were just beginning to get somewhere with a decent coach and solid roster.

Worst thing the Titans could have done getting Hayne in. Destroyed their momentum as a club and lost players like Mead who had been there through thick and thin and were just beginning to get somewhere with a decent coach and solid roster.

That's yet to be seen. The guy has only played 2 games after his preseason back. The 4 he played last year where off the bench and out of position, he was too big, and not fit enough, and he still showed a lot of promise. People should give him the season before writing him off.

That said, I agree he didn't suit the team Titans were building. They were going the Canberra path of signing a bunch of average players who's sum is better than it's parts, and an ego like Hayne didn't fit.

He would be a much better fit if he signed to a club used to big egos like the Roosters.

Hayne has to be on the wing or FB for NSW, surely. If he can get some semblance of form back he's their most threatening player. Tedesco and Moylan didn't worry me too much last year, if Dugan gets the ball he either scores or kills the play, Fergie is easier to contain in rep footy, NSW won't pick Joey or Roberts for whatever reason, Jennings is shit house.

Hayne has to be on the wing or FB for NSW, surely. If he can get some semblance of form back he's their most threatening player. Tedesco and Moylan didn't worry me too much last year, if Dugan gets the ball he either scores or kills the play, Fergie is easier to contain in rep footy, NSW won't pick Joey or Roberts for whatever reason, Jennings is shit house.

Except that time Ferguson busted open Queensland from NSW's own 20m and effectively won NSW G3 last year.

Loving the improvement in Jimmy this season. He's upped his involvement on both sides of the ball, and is really justifying his inclusion.

We all know he can light it up in attack but it's his efforts in defence that stand out to me. Seems to be taking every contest personally, making the effort to effect dominant tackles and going in with some real venom.

Hope he's got his head straight off the field. Can't be easy living apart from his kid.

Well I said he had till round 10 to convince me that he is heading in the right direction both on and off the field, but since he can't play next round I'm changing my vote to undecided to yes. I had my doubts but sure glad I'm convinced he is coming good.

The lurker reckons Wayne won't re-sign him because of his off-field issues.

The lurker reckons Wayne won't re-sign him because of his off-field issues.

That makes no sense.

The Broncos stick by him when every other club would have sacked him, but then refuse to re-sign him because of his off field issues despite him being one of our best players this year?

The ****?

Active Now

• YeahNahMate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • upthebroncs
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.