Do we re-sign Roberts?

• Yes

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
It's so refreshing to hear people talking about how good he's playing, instead of how he's stuffing up off the field.

I hope roberts continues to grow as a person as well as a player. From this moment on, he must committ himself to the lifestyle he has been living since the rehabilitation. People who can do such things end up with an inner fortitude that is admirable in itself, but which will carry them afield in life than they would without those struggles. It will be a very hard long road for him, but it will be worth it.

The alcohol ban is such a good idea. Whenever I see players do this, they always seem to play better football. Remember when Ben hunt went on a strict no booze policy in I think 2014? His best year. I don't know why more players don't do it.

The alcohol ban is such a good idea. Whenever I see players do this, they always seem to play better football. Remember when Ben hunt went on a strict no booze policy in I think 2014? His best year. I don't know why more players don't do it.
Except that Ben Hunt didn't have a drinking problem. It will be much harder for Jet to lay off the grog because he has a dependence for it. But he has to be commended as he is sticking to the guidelines and it is showing in his game.

Last edited:
Thank god he didn't.

Roberts-Davis made Kahu look like a statue. Mead being there at the death to bat the ball dead sealed the win for the Broncos.
Jordy would have done the job, Mead was positioned a bit shallow which made his task a little more difficult. Kahu is an excellent defensive winger, he would have gobbled that up. It's all irrelevant anyways but fitness wise, Mead would have been better off in ISC which is where I suspect he will be next weekend.

Wish I was as confident as you about Kahu. Didn't he over run picking up a ground kick earlier in the game.....only just got a hand to it in the end.

His injury rate is such that if you're playing him, you'd better have an option available for when the inevitable happens .....and he comes off the field with an injury.

Wish I was as confident as you about Kahu. Didn't he over run picking up a ground kick earlier in the game.....only just got a hand to it in the end.
The fact he was still able to get a hand to it after that bounce is the actual noteworthy part.

He had an unlucky game for sure, but he rarely, if ever, gets caught out of position.

His injury rate is such that if you're playing him, you'd better have an option available for when the inevitable happens .....and he comes off the field with an injury.
Still can't have someone on the bench who will solely cover an outside back just in case of injury. As it was, TPJ got hurt and the Broncos could have used that extra forward for rotational purposes. If the Broncos end up losing, this subject would've been brought up a lot more.

Do you agree that he would have been much served playing for Wynnum this weekend rather than playing 13 mins in the top grade and touching the ball once?
yeah.

He prob should still play for wynnum

yeah.

He prob should still play for wynnum
If it were up to me, he would be in the lineup instead of Moga, that is a common theme amongst most fans. But that's not how Bennett operates and he knows a thousand times more about RL than I do. Meady will get plenty of chances, he may even be starting on Friday night.

James Roberts' attitude has never been one of arrogance despite what you may think. He has had his troubles personally but he has always been repentant. He is trying hard to better himself personally. It's always about the attitude with Wayne and that is why he is supporting James. The Broncos are behind him and I think it is finally starting to show in his game. He is not out of the woods yet and it's something he has to take one day at a time. He's a good kid and we haven't seen the best of him yet.

James Roberts' attitude has never been one of arrogance despite what you may think. He has had his troubles personally but he has always been repentant. He is trying hard to better himself personally. It's always about the attitude with Wayne and that is why he is supporting James. The Broncos are behind him and I think it is finally starting to show in his game. He is not out of the woods yet and it's something he has to take one day at a time. He's a good kid and we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Rogerwilco ! Long time no hear . Do you think james is in for the long hall ? And any chance of your thoughts on the jack bird signing?

If it were up to me, he would be in the lineup instead of Moga, that is a common theme amongst most fans. But that's not how Bennett operates and he knows a thousand times more about RL than I do. Meady will get plenty of chances, he may even be starting on Friday night.

I'm sure he's relieved to read this....

The fact that you said Meady instead of just Mead wasn't lost on me....you pair of tricksters.

You're so dumb he plays with Kahu not Oates, Oates centre partner is Moga.

Yeh thanks for that.

Already pointed out that I had erred previously but I knew I could count on someone making a comment like that. I'm so dumb.

Kahu isn't normally the best at covering kicks at the best of times, but on Friday Roberts-Davis was making him look like a statue.

He was very fortunate in the opening stages when Tyrone Roberts-Davis bombed a dead set certain try.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Redux
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.