• Yes

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Still better than Moga in every department [emoji13]
Absolutely but I just don't see Bennett inserting Mead into the centres at the expense of Moga. He decided at the start of the year that Tautau was going to be left centre and he will play him there the whole season if he can get away with it.

NRL's equal leading try-scorer.

Having a good season so far.

Most of that has to do with him playing fullback for Tits and having a shot team around him limited his attacking potency having to be a different player.
Exactly!

Add to that he's been parked out on the right wing basically doing nothing but shuttle runs for yrs. The golden era was when Rogers and Prince were directing the team, that all changed once Zillolol got his mitts into the action

Exactly!

Add to that he's been parked out on the right wing basically doing nothing but shuttle runs for yrs. The golden era was when Rogers and Prince were directing the team, that all changed once Zillolol got his mitts into the action

Didn't stop Roberts and Don.

Roberts wasnt right wing and Don was left wing or Mead replacement when he was injured

But they still managed to score more tries than Mead in the same side...

Don scored twice as many tries in the past two seasons than Mead and he played less games than Mead.

Roberts scored 21 in the past two seasons, Don 24, they both played less games than Mead but still managed to score more tries.

Mead just wasn't playing that good.

But they still managed to score more tries than Mead in the same side...

Don scored twice as many tries in the past two seasons than Mead and he played less games than Mead.

Roberts scored 21 in the past two seasons, Don 24, they both played less games than Mead but still managed to score more tries.

Mead just wasn't playing that good.
We've discussed this exact topic, you've stated the tries issues before and how it relates to his form, I disagreed and we shall carry on

Id take Meads 2016 form over his 2011 any day of the week

Star centre James Roberts set to re-sign with Brisbane

JAMES Roberts will take another step forward in his NRL redemption by cementing his future at the Broncos.

After a three-try starring role in Brisbane’s win over Gold Coast on Friday night, The Sunday Mail can reveal Roberts will extend his career at Red Hill with a new two or three-year contract — provided he maintains his off-field behaviour.

Roberts has been under strict behavioural conditions this season, including a drinking ban, and monitored with a welfare program which is reaping rewards for the Broncos.

“I’ve assured the Broncos I have no interest in talking to anyone else,” said Roberts’ uncle and manager Jeremy Donovan.

“I haven’t spoken to James too much about contract negotiations because we’ve always had an understanding that we had no intention of going elsewhere.

“I am in fairly regular contact with the Broncos about everything and the contract has come up here and there.

“As we start getting to the middle of the season, for James’ certainty we want to tie it down so it’s one thing he doesn’t have to worry about.

“From everyone I’ve spoken to at the Broncos, they don’t see the Broncos without James.”

Roberts has been placed on an indefinite media ban by the Broncos and unavailable to comment.

Roberts’ impending contract renewal follows what was a turbulent six months for the lightning centre.

He came under the spotlight in January following an alleged incident at a Gold Coast nightclub.

The drunken night followed an altercation with security at a Brisbane pub in August last year which saw Roberts fined $20,000 by the Broncos and attend a rehabilitation centre in Thailand during the off-season.

However, Roberts seems to have since found stability. He lives alone in Brisbane and regularly visits his young son Kirk in Sydney.

Highlights were scarce in Roberts’ debut season at the Broncos last year, but he has found his niche in Wayne Bennett’s team and captain Darius Boyd believes a pre-season trip to England was the catalyst.

“It was a good trip for him to mingle with the boys and get around the boys and feel like he was part of the group,” Boyd said.

“He’s doing the best he can. He’s doing a good job. He wants to hang around the group and be a part of it and mix in.”

The Broncos have been locking up their required talent since losing halfback Ben Hunt to a $6 million deal at the Dragons.

Key duo Andrew McCullough and Josh McGuire signed four-year extensions while winger Corey Oates committed for a further season.

Deals with Kiwi Test duo Jordan Kahu and Alex Glenn are being finalised and the club’s priority is to retain Boyd and Anthony Milford following the recruitment of Cronulla’s Jack Bird.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/6d816bdcab86c4c74e9d56b6a9f876e8

We've discussed this exact topic, you've stated the tries issues before and how it relates to his form, I disagreed and we shall carry on

Id take Meads 2016 form over his 2011 any day of the week
Do you agree that he would have been much served playing for Wynnum this weekend rather than playing 13 mins in the top grade and touching the ball once?

Highlights weren't scarce last season, consistently putting in a good well-rounded game is the difference. Desire and effort.

Good on Roberts. This increases my admiration for him, it looks lime he is on the right track in getting some stability and control into his life. Glad to have him!

Do you agree that he would have been much served playing for Wynnum this weekend rather than playing 13 mins in the top grade and touching the ball once?

Thank god he didn't.

Roberts-Davis made Kahu look like a statue. Mead being there at the death to bat the ball dead sealed the win for the Broncos.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • porouian
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.