NEWS James Segeyaro’s Red Hill stay set to end as parties fail to agree on price

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
James Segeyaro’s Red Hill stay set to end
as parties fail to agree on price

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
October 3, 2019 3:41pm

Last edited by a moderator:
If we view Paix as a 9 and we still have Macca on our books than Segs is really surplus to our needs. I think our money is better spent elsewhere.
Yep. Such a shame. We never got to see the best of him either. Like Benji.

Pretty much confirmation there will be no moving on Macca. Turps had better start.
@Smokin' Joe still confident about your inside info?

Last edited:
DownrightHideousJumpingbean-small.gif

Hope he gets a start somewhere
He would be a loss to the NRL

I think he has got some bad advice from his manager. Although he has experience, holding out for more money was not the right move as the demand for his services in the club was not essential and interest outside the club may be limited (as was seen last time his contract expired).

Its a shame

Last edited:
biggest shame is its nearly definite now that we will have to put up with macca stinking it up.

its just insanely painful to watch him play hooker. he just makes awful decisions and is so slow with his service. the quick play the balls we get from fifi and haas are just wasted and it makes my blood boil watching it.

i should not feel frustrated watching my favourite team play but whenever he is on the field that is the only feeling i have.

even if turps starts all i will be doing is counting down the clock till macca comes on. not looking forward to it at all

This always struck me as a short-term relationship, he came here to get back in to first grade and earn a bigger contract elsewhere, mission accomplished. Thanks for your effort Segs, best of luck.

biggest shame is its nearly definite now that we will have to put up with macca stinking it up.

its just insanely painful to watch him play hooker. he just makes awful decisions and is so slow with his service. the quick play the balls we get from fifi and haas are just wasted and it makes my blood boil watching it.

i should not feel frustrated watching my favourite team play but whenever he is on the field that is the only feeling i have.

even if turps starts all i will be doing is counting down the clock till macca comes on. not looking forward to it at all

from the sounds of things we are likely to be running with a combo of the following for round 1:

9. Turpin
14. Paix
ISC: Macca

Last edited:
from the sounds of things we are likely to be running with a combo of the following for round 1:

9. Turpin
14. Paix
What about this particular article tells you Badel isn't just making it up?

No great loss imo. We have other options we need to spend our cap money on. We already have a decent wedge tied up in one average hooker, we dont need to spend more on another.

9. Turpin
14. Paix
Seibold said Macca is ”behind Turpin” at 9. I read that as basically saying he’s going to persist with the hooker rotation with Macca coming off the bench. I hope I’m wrong.

Regardless, the money would be better spent on Croft, rather than yet another 9.

Last edited:
Seibold said Macca is ”behind Turpin” at 9. I read that as basically saying he’s going to persist with the hooker rotation with Macca coming off the bench. I hope I’m wrong.
When was this said?

What about this particular article tells you Badel isn't just making it up?

it's not just this article or this "journo"

of course they could all be full of shit, quite possible in this sport, only time will tell

One of the news stories I posted in the last couple of weeks. I think a lot people got excited that Macca was being punted back to reserve grade but he never actually said that. The literal words were “behind Turpin.” Maybe Seibold has plans to play him in the back row or off the bench. **** knows.
[automerge]1570087331[/automerge]
When was this said?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Gaz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Slippin Jimmy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.