NEWS James Segeyaro’s Red Hill stay set to end as parties fail to agree on price

Seibold said Macca is ”behind Turpin” at 9. I read that as basically saying he’s going to persist with the hooker rotation with Macca coming off the bench. I hope I’m wrong.

Regardless, the money would be better spent on Croft, rather than yet another 9.

After some of his team selections this year that would not surprise me at all. Scary times.

He's probably better than Macca, but he hasn't been particularly great here either. I feel like we'll want a gun hooker in the next couple of years, I'm not convinced Turps is a long term prospect either.

He is only a bench hooker at that. Not many clubs will be lining up for his services. We don't need 4 hookers on the books. I doubt we get rid of Macca unless another club comes in desperate. We obviously view Turpin and Paix as the future so I'm not surprised we cant offer him anything other than a base deal. The PNG butt hurt on facebook will be worth a read though

McC comes into 13 off the bench if Turpin is fine, moves to Hooker as a last resort

Seems like a waste of a bench spot to me. We have too many good fowards to even consider Macca at lock, even if it is off the bench.
[automerge]1570088547[/automerge]
He's probably better than Macca, but he hasn't been particularly great here either. I feel like we'll want a gun hooker in the next couple of years, I'm not convinced Turps is a long term prospect either.

I agree. I love Turpin but I am worried his form will fizzle out.

Last edited:
The board will now offer Macca a 3 year contract and also the captaincy is his to lose.

I agree. I love Turpin but I am worried his form will fizzle out.

Its something he needs to work on. Even at a lower level at Redcliffe, he has been prone to playing well for weeks then kind of burning himself out due to how he plays the game. He needs to be smarter.

If Turpin is allowed to develop properly in the 9 as first choice hooker this year he will be playing Origin within a year or two.

He will have some stiff competition. I dont see him being as good as Reed Mahoney or Harry Grant if i'm honest. Grant could do with moving away from Melbourne as Brandon Smith is next cab off the rank and he is an 80 min hooker.

Greedy prick we helped him back on his feet, very selfish.

He will have some stiff competition. I dont see him being as good as Reed Mahoney or Harry Grant if i'm honest. Grant could do with moving away from Melbourne as Brandon Smith is next cab off the rank and he is an 80 min hooker.
Who cares if he's as good as them. He wants to win every fucking contest. We need a few more like him desperately.

Last edited:
If Turpin is allowed to develop properly in the 9 as first choice hooker this year he will be playing Origin within a year or two.
Big call considering the amount of 1st grade games he's played there.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.