NEWS James Segeyaro’s Red Hill stay set to end as parties fail to agree on price

Is it confirmed he was taking it or was it just a contaminated supplement? This is not uncommon from supplements out of China, apperntly.

I have no truck with drug cheats, but wait until it's fully confirmed before you crucify him.

so far, all thats been confirmed is that he has tested positive.

the reports were the the club were still trying to contact him as he has been overseas on holiday.

Yeah, I got no doubt we'll go down the contaminated supplement route like Shayna Jack is.

One US athlete was successful in using that defense but it still resulted in a 9 month ban.

Shame, I quite liked Segeyaro and his particular segement of the pre-game team video, LOL.

Last edited:
Anyone know what penalty Shayna Jack got for using this stuff?

For those who want some more info on the substance here’s my basic understanding.

SARMs are all the rage at the moment. LGD is one of the most popular SARMs and this is mainly due to its rather good mass building properties. Anecdotally it is possible to achieve 4-8kg of muscle mass during an 8 week cycle (typically 10-25mg per day). It is not as potent as steroids and very limited studies have shown it to lack most of the side-effects associated with steroid use. It also works in an entirely different way to steroids and should not be confused as such.

It can come in powder or liquid form and is typically orally ingested daily during a cycle. It does seem to provide some improvements in strength and recovery. Although it is completely different chemically, it is basically seen in the fitness community as steroids lite.

For those who want some more info on the substance here’s my basic understanding.

SARMs are all the rage at the moment. LGD is one of the most popular SARMs and this is mainly due to its rather good mass building properties. Anecdotally it is possible to achieve 4-8kg of muscle mass during an 8 week cycle (typically 10-25mg per day). It is not as potent as steroids and very limited studies have shown it to lack most of the side-effects associated with steroid use. It also works in an entirely different way to steroids and should not be confused as such.

It can come in powder or liquid form and is typically orally ingested daily during a cycle. It does seem to provide some improvements in strength and recovery. Although it is completely different chemically, it is basically seen in the fitness community as steroids lite.
Yeah, potentially great gains with few, if any side effects, but the half life is long. A week might be enough, but if your career is at stake you'd want to get a month inbetween finishing it and your first test. In other words, you might get away with it in the off-season. And even better if you're off grid like Segy is right now.

Last edited:
Yeah, potentially great gains with few, if any side effects, but the half life is long. A week might be enough, but if your career is at stake you'd want to get a month inbetween finishing it and your first test. In other words, you might get away with it in the off-season. And even better if you're off grid like Segy is right now.

I do wonder how many end of season trips involve cycles. I was always sus on the boys that’d hide in Thailand all off season. Especially when a player banned for drug trafficking opened a gym there.

I do wonder how many end of season trips involve cycles. I was always sus on the boys that’d hide in Thailand all off season. Especially when a player banned for drug trafficking opened a gym there.
Without naming James Roberts or Ben Barba, though, right?

HGH and derivatives are still currently used and can done in a short cycle to help recovery post season. 3-4 weeks cycle is enough to get ontop of some injuries and will not be detectable 2 months after.

Any serious doctor or therapist offering these guys to take this stuff during the season is beyond stupid. It would have had to been his own decision or sourcing. Some of the best made hormones and Sarms do come out of Germany. Easily available of the shelf in Thaland for around $60-90Aud for units at low levels that would make up a reasonable dosage course. etc, its literally like reading through a dinner menu to pick what you like.

Last edited:
He was living with a guy I used to be mates with who was taking the stuff. I've heard from someone that Segs apparently drank the shake accidently or they got them mixed up or something along those lines.

He was living with a guy I used to be mates with who was taking the stuff. I've heard from someone that Segs apparently drank the shake accidently or they got them mixed up or something along those lines.

I don’t buy it. While it isn’t unheard of to put it in a shake, 95% of people I know (and I know 10s of people personally who are or have taken SARMs and done a lot of research online) take it either in powder form as a capsule or in its liquid form in a either a pipette, or syringe (no needle, dropped into the mouth). It tastes like absolute shit, it would ruin an entire shake. I also wonder if a one off accidental dose would even show up in tests. It takes a good 2 weeks of daily administering to even start having an effect.

Of course it is possible but I find it much easier to believe that a guy who looks like he’s on gear and lives with a guy on gear and therefor has access to gear just took gear.

That being said, we should all wait until his b sample is tested before forming opinions.

I don’t buy it. While it isn’t unheard of to put it in a shake, 95% of people I know (and I know 10s of people personally who are or have taken SARMs and done a lot of research online) take it either in powder form as a capsule or in its liquid form in a either a pipette, or syringe (no needle, dropped into the mouth). It tastes like absolute shit, it would ruin an entire shake. I also wonder if a one off accidental dose would even show up in tests. It takes a good 2 weeks of daily administering to even start having an effect.

Of course it is possible but I find it much easier to believe that a guy who looks like he’s on gear and lives with a guy on gear and therefor has access to gear just took gear.

That being said, we should all wait until his b sample is tested before forming opinions.

Apparently it was the powder form. I've never had it so I don't know for sure. When I heard Segeyaro moved in with this guy a few months back when he got done drink driving (to be closer to training) at the time I thought it'd be bad news, so this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He's the type of guy who juices hard during the week and then switches to recreational drugs on the weekends. Segs actually didn't even know him, just replied to an ad on Gumtree for a housemate.

Last edited:
Apparently it was the powder form. I've never had it so I don't know for sure. When I heard Segeyaro moved in with this guy a few months back when he got done drink driving (to be closer to training) at the time I thought it'd be bad news, so this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. He's the type of guy who juices hard during the week and then switches to recreational drugs on the weekends. Segs actually didn't even know him, just replied to an ad on Gumtree for a housemate.

Really have to feel for the guy if it was accidental. It’s very similar to getting done drunk driving the morning after like he did. Endless bad luck and dumb choices.

Must have been a trip to have James Segeyaro reply to your gumtree advert haha

Nothing to see here, folks.

James Segeyaro Brisbane Broncos 2019 PA 678x381

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.