NEWS Joan Taufua charged with manslaughter

Yes, I rarely see us build momentum from his runs. It's more like hand the ball to Payne, everyone get their breath back. He's never going to offload it if no-one's on his shoulder, and the opponents will know that. They know it will be hard to bring him down, but they're not worried about anyone scoring off it.

But our attack from the middle is pissweak in general. Patty, arguably our best player, has never scored a try. Payne scored 4 in 2019, but managed only 1 a season since. Yes, Seibold got more out of him. Meanwhile props like Papalii can rack up 5 or 6 a season. Bear in mind, Payne is being talked about as potentially a future immortal.
The modern game has a lot more in common with touch football than it used to. Teams like Melbourne and the Roosters know the benefit of seeking the ground for a quick play the ball over forcing out a few extra metres by meandering with 3 defenders hanging off of you. Much like attacking touch footy players actively touch their defender to get a quick ptb for the next guy to do the same, which causes the defence to be on the back foot and unable to set their line correctly.

Based off what Smokin Joe just said it seems like this has finally been identified at the club.

The modern game has a lot more in common with touch football than it used to. Teams like Melbourne and the Roosters know the benefit of seeking the ground for a quick play the ball over forcing out a few extra metres by meandering with 3 defenders hanging off of you. Much like attacking touch footy players actively touch their defender to get a quick ptb for the next guy to do the same, which causes the defence to be on the back foot and unable to set their line correctly.

Based off what Smokin Joe just said it seems like this has finally been identified at the club.
Pretty much every grand final has been won by a team who kept the opposition on the back foot. Coaches can prattle on about getting the basics right and defence, but if you can't get across the line when you get handed the ball from ten out, you don't deserve to make the finals. That was us last season, time and time again. We score more points from our wingers pulling off intercepts than we do in the middle.

Broncos end of round 20 - 440 - 371
Broncos end of round 25 - 514 - 550
74 attacking points for the last five rounds
179 conceded points at the same time

This would suggest both attack and defense are important but defense far more so.

This would suggest both attack and defense are important but defense far more so.
Could also suggest that you cant attack when you're under constant pressure defensively and trying to overcome massive momentum.... a trait of Vlando ball ie. if you fall behind good fucking luck ever changing that

Could also suggest that you cant attack when you're under constant pressure defensively and trying to overcome massive momentum.... a trait of Vlando ball ie. if you fall behind good fucking luck ever changing that
But don’t worry, like every off-season in recent memory, the NRL have tinkered with the rules to try and fix the problems the previous tinkering caused 🤦‍♂️

The only reason we talk about him adding an offload is because he’s constantly standing upright with his arms free and just doesn’t go for it.

I want him to find his stomach faster. He’s a handbrake on the attack sometimes because by the time the ref calls held, the entire defensive line has already set knowing Haas is just going to get another two metres and eventually stop.

But yes, aggression is also needed. Unfortunately I don’t know if Haas has it in him whilst sober
You've cracked the code @Cult ..... let Haas play drunk 😂

Have you forgotten our fifth tackle options and set plays at the back end of the season? I recall the phrase "looking uncoached" being used.

Nah, Kevvie spoke about concentrating on defence all through the season, and look how we ended up. We never got off the starting block with attack. We didn't even get to that stage.

But yes, our defence was fucking woeful too, though mainly post Origin when the scorelines blew out.

But don’t worry, like every off-season in recent memory, the NRL have tinkered with the rules to try and fix the problems the previous tinkering caused 🤦‍♂️
They're not really tinkering this year... they're just looking to enforce some of the existing rules... some of the time.

That'll fix it 👍👍👍

Have you forgotten our fifth tackle options and set plays at the back end of the season? I recall the phrase "looking uncoached" being used.

How does that refute any of the points I made?

And also bought out from another post, the six again rule makes defense even more important because once a ref decides you’re the victim for the game, you aren’t getting momentum back.

How does that refute any of the points I made?

And also bought out from another post, the six again rule makes defense even more important because once a ref decides you’re the victim for the game, you aren’t getting momentum back.
I don't know man, you can point at the defence and say it's diabolical. I can point at the attack and say it's atrocious. It doesn't mean we disagree.

I think the team really busted its guts in defence in the first half of the season, and it paid off, but we were left with a team full of players with busted guts. You can't survive on busting your guts all season.

We got by in attack on the back of some basic back line moves that clicked, and some individual brilliance from the wings and centres. At some point everyone figured out the basic back line moves, they lifted a gear and we didn't.

At no point in the last 4 seasons have I been convinced that the Broncos looked comfortable on the field. By this I mean the Broncos of old who were able to play consistently at a level that kept them within touching distance of the opposition without busting gut. Those teams of old were then able to find an extra gear and blow the opposition away. We have not been able to replicate that for many a season.

Of late we still look like a team learning how to play the game as a team and even then those learning steps reveal so much dumb footy. For much of the time we seem to be just holding on by the skin of our teeth. Over the last 3-4 seasons we seem beset by dumb plays, ill discipline and an attitude that suggests a huge lack of belief in what they are supposed to be doing.

Just once this season I'd like to see us give someone a touch up and rack up 50- 60 points.

At no point in the last 4 seasons have I been convinced that the Broncos looked comfortable on the field. By this I mean the Broncos of old who were able to play consistently at a level that kept them within touching distance of the opposition without busting gut. Those teams of old were then able to find an extra gear and blow the opposition away. We have not been able to replicate that for many a season.

Of late we still look like a team learning how to play the game as a team and even then those learning steps reveal so much dumb footy. For much of the time we seem to be just holding on by the skin of our teeth. Over the last 3-4 seasons we seem beset by dumb plays, ill discipline and an attitude that suggests a huge lack of belief in what they are supposed to be doing.

Just once this season I'd like to see us give someone a touch up and rack up 50- 60 points.
I thought we looked convincing in defence for a big streak last season, but we copped a lot of injuries from it. Our attack clicked a few times off the back of Reynolds kicks, but most of the tries came from patches of individual brilliance from Oates, Cobbo, Staggs, Farnworth, Niu and Mam. We have some enormously gifted individuals in our backline.

I thought we looked convincing in defence for a big streak last season, but we copped a lot of injuries from it. Our attack clicked a few times off the back of Reynolds kicks, but most of the tries came from patches of individual brilliance from Oates, Cobbo, Staggs, Farnworth, Niu and Mam. We have some enormously gifted individuals in our backline.
We certainly have some great talent both in the backs and the forwards but always seem just one play away from hitting the panic button.

So are we talking about the shunt mother in this thread or Payne himself.....?

I keep seeing the topic being updated, thinking there's been a development with the piece of shit mum......
Payne. Otherwise the thread would be in general.

Joan Taufua charged with manslaughter​

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Active Now

• Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.