NEWS Joan Taufua charged with manslaughter

This thread has really sailed off course. I thought it was supposed to be focused on Payne's family of **** ups.

Payne Haas:

“I’m lucky I’ve got a good support network around me, I’ve got my partner Leilani and daughter Lalita. I missed the World Cup last year to be with my family. We saw what happened with mum during the year, and my shoulders were busted at the time. Just for my head, I thought it was best I stay back in Brisbane and be with family and look after myself and them. I wanted to be with my little brothers and sisters and my partner and daughter because they go through everything with me - they carry the same burden.”​
“I’m close with mum - I’m a mummy’s boy,” Haas said. “I felt like all of last year was such a drag for myself, not just physically but mentally. I needed a big break in the end. I needed to get away from footy and get away from Brisbane. I spent ten days in Hawaii with my partner and daughter. I really needed those extra few weeks after Christmas. I went back to running on the road. I tried to run up to 4km each day, which I didn’t do last off-season. I just find road running clears the head mentally.”​
“My off-field stuff has always been kept totally separate from my on-field responsibilities,” Haas said. “I’ve been raised to keep that stuff away from the boys, come into work with a smile, and focus on what you need to do that day. If there’s a positive, physically I feel the fittest and strongest I’ve felt since I started playing footy. I’m 118kg, but I have more muscle."​
“This year is the year. I don’t know what I’ll do with myself if we don’t make finals. There are no more excuses. We’ve had a year together playing footy, we know how we want to play, and we’ve added ‘Walshy’ to our side. I just want to win games. This year has to be the year.”​

Adam Reynolds:

“Payne comes to training, goes about his business and never whinges or complains. I check up on him to make sure he’s alright. He also has a fantastic partner and child giving him the support he needs.”​

"This year is the year. I don't know what I'll do with myself if we don't make finals. There are no more excuses. We've had a year together playing footy, we know how we want to play, and we've added 'Walshy' [Reece Walsh] to our side. I just want to win games. This year has to be the year."

This is interesting, hopefully it fires him up and ge just concentrates on footy and not his Neanderthal relatives.
However, if we fail to fire, it may really impact the guy.

"This year is the year. I don't know what I'll do with myself if we don't make finals. There are no more excuses. We've had a year together playing footy, we know how we want to play, and we've added 'Walshy' [Reece Walsh] to our side. I just want to win games. This year has to be the year."

This is interesting, hopefully it fires him up and ge just concentrates on footy and not his Neanderthal relatives.
However, if we fail to fire, it may really impact the guy.
TBH I don’t buy this shit about just wanting to win games for one second.

It seems little more than a convenient charade that he keeps peddling out, one he can keep up his sleeve for when he wants to manoeuvre for a release again.

I mean seriously, we were in the midst of a 7 game winning streak and looking very much finals bound when he wanted out last year.

If it’s really about winning games too, why did he ask for more money? We all know if he goes to Bondi for “the winning culture” he’ll be on less* than he is here.

*on the books anyway

TBH I don’t buy this shit about just wanting to win games for one second.

It seems little more than a convenient charade that he keeps peddling out, one he can keep up his sleeve for when he wants to manoeuvre for a release again.

I mean seriously, we were in the midst of a 7 game winning streak and looking very much finals bound when he wanted out last year.

If it’s really about winning games too, why did he ask for more money? We all know if he goes to Bondi for “the winning culture” he’ll be on less* than he is here.

*on the books anyway
Very valid

Drink driving, no doubt mental health issues with be mentioned, etc and this concerns me, it means she will likely get a heavily reduced sentence because 'she wasn't in control / is just misunderstood / insert reason here'

Drink driving, no doubt mental health issues with be mentioned, etc and this concerns me, it means she will likely get a heavily reduced sentence because 'she wasn't in control / is just misunderstood / insert reason here'
Don't bet on it. The DUI has just added at least five years to her eventual sentence. This is a high profile case and she also has previous form. The judge will have no mercy on her.

Don't bet on it. The DUI has just added at least five years to her eventual sentence. This is a high profile case and she also has previous form. The judge will have no mercy on her.

I think everyone hopes you are right but you can imagine she is sucking her son dry for all his money to get the best dodgy lawyer money can buy, let's see.

I hope you guys are correct.
A bullet for her and anyone that takes some innocent persons life (in this case multiple lives) with their reprehensible action. I hope she gets multiple life sentences. No mercy. The innocent folks did get any.

I know it must be hard for Payne, but his mother’s low life actions and showing up to work ready to go have nothing to do with each other. Just like most bosses couldn’t give a shit about your personal life when they’re paying you to do a job. To his credit he ripped in against the Panthers and I know he will continue to do so for the entire season.

I think if i found myself in Paynes shoes, i would want a fresh start after all the drama over his short career.
From run ins with the cops and fights with teammates, to asking for a release (and being boo'd for it by the Broncos fans) and all the ongoing drama with his mother, culminating in her killing innocent people, i would be very very tempted to get the hell out of Brisbane and start over, and if i could be paid better in the process then i would for sure be considering it.

I dont see him being a Bronco much longer.

As for his mum, she deserves to sit in a cell for a long long time.

I hear your point @Midean about getting out of Brissie, but Sydney is just as big a fishbowl and the spotlight would still be on him (assuming he plays league). So why not stay home surrounded by family and friends? Can’t change your mum being a piece of sh!t and running away won’t help either.

I hear your point @Midean about getting out of Brissie, but Sydney is just as big a fishbowl and the spotlight would still be on him (assuming he plays league). So why not stay home surrounded by family and friends? Can’t change your mum being a piece of sh!t and running away won’t help either.
I hope thats what he does.

I just have doubts because of his release request when we were winning.
Hope im wrong -_-

Haas and Patty as lifelong Broncos would be pretty sweet.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.