PLAYER Jock Madden

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There were a few occasions throughout the game when whoever was in dummy half would look around frustrated trying to find a playmaker that wanted to ball.

Not sure what Madden or Mam are doing but no one was managing the game.
Yes, Billy looked at sea when he was gifted 5 sets right on their line. Shades of 2020.

Should've just given it to Willison every time.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
As much as I want Madden to succeed @7, I don’t reckon he could be the one for us. If he’s given an entire season @7, he may start to develop & succeed BUT I highly doubt we’ve that appetite & patience. Also, Adam’s got an extra year so, other option is to give Roger’s a shot too.

With the limited opportunities Roger’s got, he looked more comfortable and knows what he’s doing most of the time unlike Madden.

I'd like to see Rodgers get another shot. He's got a good boot on him and from the limited times I've seen him play, game management doesn't look like too big of a stretch. Plus he is a big body in himself........
dunno, might be more of an upside to him than Madden.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I'd like to see Rodgers get another shot. He's got a good boot on him and from the limited times I've seen him play, game management doesn't look like too big of a stretch. Plus he is a big body in himself........
dunno, might be more of an upside to him than Madden.
I’m shocked it hasn’t happened already, his defence is good too. We don’t need fancy, we need talking and someone who will dig into the line, two things madden doesn’t do.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I'd wondered what went on with Rodgers. He looked pretty comfortable the couple of times he's played first grade. Maybe his Qcup form has been crap?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I'd wondered what went on with Rodgers. He looked pretty comfortable the couple of times he's played first grade. Maybe his Qcup form has been crap?

He was 18th man on Saturday in Auckland.

Rogers Cup form is always strong, last game scores a great stepping try, kicks 8/10 and Bears win 56-14.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He was 18th man on Saturday in Auckland.

Rogers Cup form is always strong, last game scores a great stepping try, kicks 8/10 and Bears win 56-14.

Me to Kev...

Khaby GIF

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Yes, Billy looked at sea when he was gifted 5 sets right on their line. Shades of 2020.

Yes, There was no playmaker on either side calling the play. All compounding the poor performance of both our playmakers. Glad Willison showed the strength, was a great try in the end.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Basically ended up having to, well at least had to give it to a forward. The halves didn’t want a bar

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Basically ended up having to, well at least had to give it to a forward. The halves didn’t want a bar
I didn't know what to think or who to blame when I saw that. Like I said it was 2020 all over again. Headless chooks, no one taking ownership, and that includes the hooker. We lack direction.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yes, There was no playmaker on either side calling the play. All compounding the poor performance of both our playmakers. Glad Willison showed the strength, was a great try in the end.
Willison's was a 100% individual effort. We need to clone him.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There's some rumours circulating that Reyno's arm is no good and he won't play again this season.

Broncos were approached about it and the official line is he is on track to return in Round 22/23 with his rehab spot on.

Jock might be playing longer.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
If that is the case we need to seriously consider an alternative to Jock as I don’t see him progressing to eventually cement this spot.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Our only other options are Rogers or Walters.
True. I don't think Jock's defence is that bad. it's his inconsistent kicking game and all round game management which is just not there. I know Buck can kick and defend but not sure about the rest of his game. Billy is OK for a last gasp stand in for 10 -15 minutes of a game, but not ideal for the rest of the season.

Unless there is a plan to get Walsh running as phantom 7 in tandem with Ezra, I'm not sure what they do.

Essentially - we're pretty fucked!

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
True. I don't think Jock's defence is that bad. it's his inconsistent kicking game and all round game management which is just not there. I know Buck can kick and defend but not sure about the rest of his game. Billy is OK for a last gasp stand in for 10 -15 minutes of a game, but not ideal for the rest of the season.

Unless there is a plan to get Walsh running as phantom 7 in tandem with Ezra, I'm not sure what they do.

Essentially - we're pretty fucked!
That’s what I’m expecting when Walsh returns. He’s gonna be getting his hands on the ball a lot more.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hard for a young halfback to do much when he’s playing behind a badly beaten forward pack every week. He absolutely needs to get better but he’s been on the back foot for the last 5 games and never really stood a chance.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.