Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Sleep Yawn GIF

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Why would any young half will want to play for the broncos. Fans are just *****.
What does that make someone who spends their Saturday nights desperate to be around them on their forum then when they support another team?.... I'll give you a clue, starts with an L and happens to one team each game.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Why would any young half will want to play for the broncos. Fans are just *****.

Yep, there's an elevated sense of entitlement across the Brisbane fanbase, probably because we featured in the finals for the best part of 20 years before having to feel what it felt like to not make the 8.

We expect the next bloke in line to be some sort of superstar waiting for his shot, that's not reality anymore. There is no second coming of Adam Reynolds doing the rounds, even so, anyone who follows the sport would know it took years of perseverance from Souths to get him to where he is now, he wasn't always what he is now. Teenager Coby Black is not the answer, that would hurt his development and it's simply not worth it currently. Kevin understands this, as he always has done. It's why he takes his time with our kids.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I think we'll debut Black next year. He'll be 19. Same age as Ezra. A year older than Sam Walker and Tommy Dearden.
One of the things Kevy has done well is bring through the next group of players at an appropriate time. It was so unfair on Dearden to be thrown to the wolves like Siebold did. Even Mam was managed beautifully and was a massive beneficiary to his success.

I remember his first few games of 2022 were excellent and after a few poor defensive efforts he went back to Qcup to apply his craft at a lower level and excelled. When he forced his way back into the side he was putting shots in big men, David Fifita is the one i remember best, Solo tackle and just drove him backwards!

Same can be said for alot of our younger guys, they werent blooded too early. Even Piakura was managed beautifully last year, even though hes in a form slump, I still think he was managed well coming into first grade.

Coby black will be the same, Kevy wont blood him before he's ready. He will have to earn it as well.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Yep, there's an elevated sense of entitlement across the Brisbane fanbase, probably because we featured in the finals for the best part of 20 years before having to feel what it felt like to not make the 8.

We expect the next bloke in line to be some sort of superstar waiting for his shot, that's not reality anymore. There is no second coming of Adam Reynolds doing the rounds, even so, anyone who follows the sport would know it took years of perseverance from Souths to get him to where he is now, he wasn't always what he is now. Teenager Coby Black is not the answer, that would hurt his development and it's simply not worth it currently. Kevin understands this, as he always has done. It's why he takes his time with our kids.

We don't expect superstars. We expect first grade quality coverage for when our players can't play.

We don't get that. We get a bloke with no direction, no thought process for the game, and one of the worst kickers in that position we have seen I a while.

I don't want a superstar. I'm just sick of fucking useless potatoes and Kev's mates kids and in laws getting the nod.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
One of the things Kevy has done well is bring through the next group of players at an appropriate time. It was so unfair on Dearden to be thrown to the wolves like Siebold did. Even Mam was managed beautifully and was a massive beneficiary to his success.

I remember his first few games of 2022 were excellent and after a few poor defensive efforts he went back to Qcup to apply his craft at a lower level and excelled. When he forced his way back into the side he was putting shots in big men, David Fifita is the one i remember best, Solo tackle and just drove him backwards!

Same can be said for alot of our younger guys, they werent blooded too early. Even Piakura was managed beautifully last year, even though hes in a form slump, I still think he was managed well coming into first grade.

Coby black will be the same, Kevy wont blood him before he's ready. He will have to earn it as well.

Mam never went back to Cup after his NRL debut. He had time off at the end of 22 but didn't play Cup.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Mam never went back to Cup after his NRL debut. He had time off at the end of 22 but didn't play Cup.
[IMG alt="Manofoneway"]https://broncoshq.com/data/avatars/m/15/15527.jpg?1653219165[/IMG]

Manofoneway

Got dropped for the last game of the season ?
After coming in about round 6 ? Didn`t go in and out .
Mandela effect at play .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Teenager Coby Black is not the answer, that would hurt his development and it's simply not worth it currently. Kevin understands this, as he always has done. It's why he takes his time with our kids.
Citation please

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Thats just utter garbage saying the fan base is entitled. There is an expectation to do well, thats not the same as being entitled. We are a powerhouse club in the NRL, so there is an expectation and pressure to do well right from the top down to the fanbase. Its no different from a Man United or Real Madrid. When you dont meet the expectations, there is always going to be unrest.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Looks very talented amongst school boys. Lets see how he goes against the men.
Hopefully after a couple years in QCup he's still looking the goods.

Craziness to be thinking about him in NRL terms right now.....

I’m not calling for him to come in and agree with your points but look how good Katoa is going and he debuted at 18 didn’t he? He’s only like 19 or 20 now and he is already one of the best 7s in the game. If Black continues to progress, don’t be surprised to see him get first shot as our 7 in 2026 and some games next year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I’m not calling for him to come in and agree with your points but look how good Katoa is going and he debuted at 18 didn’t he? He’s only like 19 or 20 now and he is already one of the best 7s in the game. If Black continues to progress, don’t be surprised to see him get first shot as our 7 in 2026 and some games next year.
He’s a much bigger body than Black. We don’t need to rush young halves. Just let him develop and see how he goes

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Looking forward to the Coby Black protege headlines, a Pete Badel scoop, if you like.

With the current form of the Broncos and Madden, a real fear is Black plays alright on Thursday.

I want him to play well and Queensland win but I wish the Broncos and Reynolds were playing well so he doesn't get the stupid articles written.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.