PLAYER Jock Madden

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
With the current form of the Broncos and Madden, a real fear is Black plays alright on Thursday.

I want him to play well and Queensland win but I wish the Broncos and Reynolds were playing well so he doesn't get the stupid articles written.
Confirmed that 1910 is NOT Coby Black's manager

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Based on 10 minutes in a trial game.
He was pretty hand in those 10 minutes though. Still I don’t want him anywhere else the side until 2026. He’s got a lot to learn

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Confirmed that 1910 is NOT Coby Black's manager

I will tell you now there was serious debate between Te'o and selectors if he would even be the Queensland half on Thursday, it was very split.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I will tell you now there was serious debate between Te'o and selectors if he would even be the Queensland half on Thursday, it was very split.
What direction did Te’o and the others want to go? Just curious.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He’s a much bigger body than Black. We don’t need to rush young halves. Just let him develop and see how he goes

Agreed but again I’m not calling for it. I’m just pointing out that he shouldn’t just be discounted because of age. I wouldn’t be playing him until origin period next year at the earliest either and that all depends on him continuing to develop.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I think I read from you guys that he’s got a strong kicking game and the rest is developing? I think I remember reading from Cleary he said when he first came in to grade his job was basically to kick and then worked on adding more over time.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Young halves really just need to do their job and defend well. We need a good structure around a young half and to let them grow into their games at first grade level.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think I read from you guys that he’s got a strong kicking game and the rest is developing? I think I remember reading from Cleary he said when he first came in to grade his job was basically to kick and then worked on adding more over time.

His bomb out of the right pocket is very good. By far his strongest kicking feature.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Looks very talented amongst school boys. Lets see how he goes against the men.
Hopefully after a couple years in QCup he's still looking the goods.

Craziness to be thinking about him in NRL terms right now.....

Black was pretty good on debut against PNG. It's one game I know but he was good.

Great vision and game awareness first set to kick for a try.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If Black continues to progress, don’t be surprised to see him get first shot as our 7 in 2026 and some games next year.

Won't be surprised....will be quietly pleased that an opportunity does arrive that we might see him get "a" game next year
but really, 2026 is where I think we're all aiming at.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
He was pretty hand in those 10 minutes though. Still I don’t want him anywhere else the side until 2026. He’s got a lot to learn

Will take more than a 10 minute stint to win over the fanbase on here, have you heard of Billy Walters?

He does have a lot to learn and they should give him as much time as it takes, regardless of what the journos or the fans have to say.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Looks very talented amongst school boys. Lets see how he goes against the men.
Hopefully after a couple years in QCup he's still looking the goods.

Craziness to be thinking about him in NRL terms right now.....
He stood out in the trial, even before he'd played Meninga Cup.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I’m not calling for him to come in and agree with your points but look how good Katoa is going and he debuted at 18 didn’t he? He’s only like 19 or 20 now and he is already one of the best 7s in the game. If Black continues to progress, don’t be surprised to see him get first shot as our 7 in 2026 and some games next year.
Agreed. Like I said, I see him leapfrogging Madden next year. To be blunt, we're a bit fucked if he can't.

Mozer should be leapfrogging one of our dummy halves this year. Same conclusion.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He needs minutes next season. We need Reynolds' replacement in place well before 2026.

It would also be extreme wishful thinking to assume we'll get another full year out of Reyno, and we're getting a good taste of what it will look like with Madden at the helm.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Will take more than a 10 minute stint to win over the fanbase on here, have you heard of Billy Walters?

He does have a lot to learn and they should give him as much time as it takes, regardless of what the journos or the fans have to say.
Billy came to the Broncos wanting to play 6. He didn't even win over his old man on that front.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Painin the Haas
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • RolledOates
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Bish
  • Scdeac
  • Old Mate
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.