PLAYER Jock Madden

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
He needs minutes next season. We need Reynolds' replacement in place well before 2026.

It would also be extreme wishful thinking to assume we'll get another full year out of Reyno, and we're getting a good taste of what it will look like with Madden at the helm.

Do you reckon Cody Black can teach Tristan how to catch bombs ?
Haas / Patty / Jensen how to stop offloads ? Or Brendan how to support your #6 in defence ? And the whole team how to hold the ball and build pressure ?
Because Jock sure as hell aint getting that message across . LOL .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Do you reckon Cody Black can teach Tristan how to catch bombs ?

The gentleman with the remit for that task is none other than Darius "trying too hard" Boyd.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Half right: he stood out in the trial.

Meh .
Cpl of nice passes and one kick . Wait till teams start watching videos of his habits and planning for them . Then if he can execute them even though they are aware of his idiosyncrasies he is the real deal .
Till then he`s just a project .

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Meh .
Cpl of nice passes and one kick . Wait till teams start watching videos of his habits and planning for them . Then if he can execute them even though they are aware of his idiosyncrasies he is the real deal .

Trial form against his own team mates on his home ground with no pressure or expectations.

His Cup and Meninga form and Thursday night are the only thing that is relevant.

The fact is when it's come to "big" games, 23 Meninga finals, 24 Meninga Grand Final, City v Country 23, Alf Final 23 I think he's played extremely under whelming.

Thursday is a big night.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Who has been his nemesis in the Alf Finals for PBC last year and Tweed this year in the Grand Final- Harrison who is only on the bench for NSW like I said last week if Woods is better than Harrison, he must be sensational.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Meh .
Madden or Black?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
none of the hookers are playing that badly at the moment lol.

"not that badly"

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not quite as harsh. Maybe I'm overrating here, particularly Mozer, but I can live with that. I know this is indulgent, but I'd like to raise the bar.

TABLERATINGCLUBS AT ROUND 15HOOKERS
TOPSUPERBStorm
TOP 4GOODPanthers, Sharks, DolphinsMozer
TOP 8NOT THAT GOODRoosters, Bulldogs, Raiders, ManlySmoothy, Paix
OUT OF THE EIGHTMEDIOCREBroncosWalters
BOTTOM 8NOT THAT BADCowboys, Dragons, Warriors<---Manofoneway
BOTTOM 4BADKnights, Souths, Eels, Tigers
SPOONERATROCIOUSTitans

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Madden or Black?

I reckon the video study on Jock would be on file at every NRL club .
Ready for briefing opposition teams how to counteract his game .

I reckon Ezra is in the midst of it ATM . Teams understand his game and are countering it better.

Black`s turn will come if he starts to look like a prospect. Analysts will pick apart his habits and come up with ways of countering him .

Like I said then the real challenges start . Probably like Sam Walker come in with a blaze . Then opposition work out what he likes to do and counter . Then the kid goes back and learns the counter to the counter and on it goes .

The staple is 2nd year syndrome . I think it`s partially they are not unknowns anymore ,teams have footage and train to counter them .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I reckon the video study on Jock would be on file at every NRL club .
Ready for briefing opposition teams how to counteract his game .

I reckon Ezra is in the midst of it ATM . Teams understand his game and are countering it better.

Black`s turn will come if he starts to look like a prospect. Analysts will pick apart his habits and come up with ways of countering him .

Like I said then the real challenges start . Probably like Sam Walker come in with a blaze . Then opposition work out what he likes to do and counter . Then the kid goes back and learns the counter to the counter and on it goes .

The staple is 2nd year syndrome . I think it`s partially they are not unknowns anymore ,teams have footage and train to counter them .
Yes, Ezra flew under the radar last year. Penrith certainly figured out how to pop his bubble this season by targeting his ego. Shit tactic executed poorly by a moron, but it did the job.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There is a fine line between legitimate criticism and obsession and you did a world record olympic long jump winning leap over that line ages ago.

I hope you accept this as just fair and legitimate criticism.
He's allowed to have diehard fans, for whom he can do nothing wrong. I don't think you should attack the guys who are obsessed with him.

I saw the same thing with the late Michael Jackson.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.