PLAYER Jock Madden

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
If they want to win a premiership whilst they have the nucleus of this squad together in the next 1-4 years they have to go to market and try and grab someone like Katoa or Mitchell Moses.

I personally have had enough of a look at Madden now and he is not going to be able to cut it as the broncos half.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Jock unfortunately to me is in a similar bracket to Sailor.

When confidence is high, and there's not an array of personnel changes, sure you can drop him in for Reyno, he'll do a job and keep the team ticking. But when you are relying on him to lead the team around, organise your attack, and kick for results week in week out, you notice all the deficiencies he has.

His kicking game is frustrating. He doesn't have the length of boot, and he doesn't take the right options enough at all. Barely see him take control, put it in a corner and make the opposition work it out.

Spending big elsewhere likely means we can't afford a star 7 post Reynolds, but not seeing Jock being the answer.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Halfbacks don't grow on trees, it takes years to develop one, so no matter what we do, it's going to be a struggle.

Not many clubs let go of their halfback without another club having to pay huge dollars.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Halfbacks don't grow on trees, it takes years to develop one, so no matter what we do, it's going to be a struggle.

Not many clubs let go of their halfback without another club having to pay huge dollars.

Out of all of the lower grades comps around the country, our scouts found Jock Madden.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We won’t be bringing in a high priced halfback to replace Reynolds. Madden is playing some bad footy but that’s behind a beaten forward pack. Probably not the Reynolds replacement we want but I still think there’s a decent footballer in him.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We won’t be bringing in a high priced halfback to replace Reynolds. Madden is playing some bad footy but that’s behind a beaten forward pack. Probably not the Reynolds replacement we want but I still think there’s a decent footballer in him.

I wish the **** he'd show up for once then.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

There is, with a good team around him. As is usually the case for any young player trying to make his way into the NRL.

I don't think there's any replacement for Reynolds that doesn't involve some time investment. We won the lotto with Reynolds, no question.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I'm dropping him forever. I don't care if Kevvie wants to play Budget Billy there if it means we get to see some more of Mozer before he comes onto open market. He needs to make some tough decisions. Three of them are: his son, Mozer and Black. The future of the club might be resting on the latter two. The other will show he has some balls and no one is safe.

This season is already toast. Time to rebuild again.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I'm dropping him forever. I don't care if Kevvie wants to play Budget Billy there if it means we get to see some more of Mozer before he comes onto open market. He needs to make some tough decisions. Three of them are: his son, Mozer and Black. The future of the club might be resting on the latter two. The other will show he has some balls and no one is safe.

I don’t hate the idea of Billy at 7 and Mozer on the bench. Our kicking game is fucked anyway. 🤷🏿‍♂️

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I don’t hate the idea of Billy at 7 and Mozer on the bench. Our kicking game is fucked anyway. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Billy is a rubbish half. The vision of a mole. But if moving him out of 9 into 7 is the only way to shake the straws at dummy half, **** it, the season is down the toilet anyway.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I don’t like the idea of blaming a halfback when the team can’t hold onto the ball or the forward pack is getting beaten though. It’s just letting the rest of them think they’re doing enough

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I don’t like the idea of blaming a halfback when the team can’t hold onto the ball or the forward pack is getting beaten though. It’s just letting the rest of them think they’re doing enough
It's not about blaming the halfback; it's building a team that can win a premiership. Enough with Madden. He's not it.

Unread

Active Now

• Galco
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Thelmus
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.