PLAYER Jock Madden

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It's not about blaming the halfback; it's building a team that can win a premiership. Enough with Madden. He's not it.
What’s the alternative for us in the now though?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You are also apparently not a journalist yet you think you have to do their jobs.
Well, this preposterous construct you need to supplement every whinge with a fix is just the worst example of toxic masculinity.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I woke up today and thought I bet someone says pick Black. Here we are.

Black has just turned 18 in March and first year out of school, Walker was nearly 19 and second year out of school when he debuted in 2021- Walker had 12 months being a Rooster- although not playing in 2020 to get ready for that game.

The Black comparison would be if you picked Black for round one next year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Black has just turned 18 in March and first year out of school, Walker was nearly 19 and second year out of school when he debuted in 2021- Walker had 12 months being a Rooster- although not playing in 2020 to get ready for that game.

Don't listen to @McHunt, no one else does.

And if we do pick Black and it goes badly, it will somehow be Billy's fault.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Mam isn't the halfback though

So by that logic, Lockyer shouldn’t have been the one doing 90% of the kicking and organising?

It doesn’t matter the number provided someone does it. Yes it’s usually the 7, but let’s not pretend being a 6 absolves you from any of those duties as well, particularly when the senior half isn’t there.

There’s also been a lot of future staked on Ezra, like what happened with Milford and we saw how that turned out. And there’s plenty of assumptions that hell be the half once Reynolds retires, so the criticism is valid if he’s to continue down that path.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So by that logic, Lockyer shouldn’t have been the one doing 90% of the kicking and organising?

It doesn’t matter the number provided someone does it. Yes it’s usually the 7, but let’s not pretend being a 6 absolves you from any of those duties as well, particularly when the senior half isn’t there.

There’s also been a lot of future staked on Ezra, like what happened with Milford and we saw how that turned out. And there’s plenty of assumptions that hell be the half once Reynolds retires, so the criticism is valid if he’s to continue down that path.

Lockyer also had guys like Ennis, K.Hunt and Wallace to help with the kicking. Mam would normally have Walsh and Reynolds to help.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022

Get on Facebook and see some of the shit flying there.

BRING BACK BIG BEN
WOT HAPPENED TO HUNT HE WAS GOOD
WEREZ HOETER

none of them realised how decimated our club is injury wise lol

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
As much as I want Madden to succeed @7, I don’t reckon he could be the one for us. If he’s given an entire season @7, he may start to develop & succeed BUT I highly doubt we’ve that appetite & patience. Also, Adam’s got an extra year so, other option is to give Roger’s a shot too.

With the limited opportunities Roger’s got, he looked more comfortable and knows what he’s doing most of the time unlike Madden.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • RolledOates
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.