Joe Ofahengaue Re-signs

It will be awesome news once he officially puts pen to paper

Comes across as a really well grounded young bloke who should go far. Great news for the club.

Once we get that signature, I'll be fist pumping all night.

Good news, I still haven't bought into all the Joe O hype just yet though. NYC and NRL are two different things, and I hate players being hyped up because of their surname.

Still, I hope he plays as well as his potential says and becomes one of our long term backrow options.

This just further proves that these kids are desperate to be coached by Wayne Bennett. The man is a god in their eyes.

Good signing.

Great news.

I haven't been blown away by his performances this year, but he's only 19! There's no substitute for size, motor and hard work, which appear to be his 3 best traits. He'll be starting for us within the next couple of years.

He should really flourish under Bennetts coaching too.

A very good signing indeed.

Good signing, can't wait to see him develop into a fringe Origin player over the next three years.

Good news, I still haven't bought into all the Joe O hype just yet though. NYC and NRL are two different things, and I hate players being hyped up because of their surname.

Agreed.....I'm the same, whilst hopeful I haven't seen too much from him yet for me to think he's a superstar.

Curious, what do you mean about his last name. I haven't heard of it before as a past great/player?

Agreed.....I'm the same, whilst hopeful I haven't seen too much from him yet for me to think he's a superstar.

Curious, what do you mean about his last name. I haven't heard of it before as a past great/player?

His uncle was a rugby union and Wallaby great, nicknamed "Willie O". Pretty fierce forward and I dare say that's what Joe will be compared to in his career.

Ofahengaue will never be a star in a SBW or Burgess sense but he can definitely hold his own in the middle.

Will take a year or two before we really get a sense of where he's at as a first grader but he's definitely one to look for.

The difference with J Offa is his fitness and stamina. Any big kid can dominate juniors and through NYC.

Joe is a big kid, with a big motor and started out as a centre (I believe?) so he has agility too. Give him a full season and another off-season with Bennett.

He's Petero 2.0 if he keeps his head straight and does the hard work.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • MasterWright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.