Jordan Drew

B

Brad Miers

NYC Player
Feb 22, 2013
What a stupid decision to let this lad go. Was a standout in the Bronco's 20's and is a standout with the Newtown Jets. Please Paul White jump on the next flight to Sydney and offer this kid a significant contract. Drew could be number 3 for the Broncos for the next 10 years.

What a stupid decision to let this lad go. Was a standout in the Bronco's 20's and is a standout with the Newtown Jets. Please Paul White jump on the next flight to Sydney and offer this kid a significant contract. Drew could be number 3 for the Broncos for the next 10 years.

If he cant get a start over Gerard Beale then he doesn't belong here. NSW cup compared to NRL is like comparing a Great Wall to a Toyota Landcruiser

Last edited:
If he cant get a start over Gerard Beale then he doesn't belong here. NSW cup compared to NRL is like comparing a Great Wall to a Toyota Landcruiser

This is exactly what I was going to say. I haven't seen drew play since he left but we shouldn't be going out of our way to sign a bloke that can't unseat Gerard Beale.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I haven't seen drew play since he left but we shouldn't be going out of our way to sign a bloke that can't unseat Gerard Beale.
I agree with the sentiment that there's a huge gulf between nsw/qld cup and nrl, but I do rate Beale. He's locked down a starting spot in the top of the table team, and is a sound player.

Pretty certain drew made the nsw residents team so he must have potential, but he was always suspect in defence going off memory. Don't forget they also have leutele battling it out for a centre spot too. Sharks have a formidable line up

We are pretty short on outside backs. I don't know if he's going to be a long term NRL player, but we are short on depth right now.

Pretty sure I'd rather just put our faith in Opacic, Seve & Isaako.

I really didn't rate Drew based on what I saw of him in the U20's whenever I watched them. He was too much of a mixed bag for my liking. And from what I heard he wasn't that highly regarded at the Broncos. He wasn't seen as a long term option and there were others ahead of him.

I don't think the Broncos should go banging on his door because of our depth in the backs. Tom Opacic is capable of doing the job and we have some good depth on the wings.

We'll be fine.

If i remember correctly he was a pretty bad defender in the centres for the u20s

I remember that try he scored off Hodges against Saints.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lazza
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.