Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Re: The big Dugan discussion

I know, I'm just so desperate for a win. This season feels so hopeless :sad:

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

even if we do sign him it could take a few weeks before the ARLC register his contract (assuming they will in the first place)

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

if we do sign dugan we better not sprout any BS about "he will be #25 on our roster" blah blah blah.

even if we do sign him it could take a few weeks before the ARLC register his contract (assuming they will in the first place)

Would be happy to wait, it would be nice to have some kind of hope for the future

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

I reckon I could make a form like that in word in about 10 minutes.

Tell us who it is, otherwise it means nothing.

Took my 20 mins to type this up

16h4vix.jpg

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

you actually wasted 20 mins typing that up?

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

Yeah.. what else do you want to add to the contract?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

That's just more generic crap that would be in every NRL contract...

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

Long time supporter, first time poster - g'day all!

FWIW, I'm not keen on Dugan but maybe it's worth a shot - as others have said, maybe the change to Brisbane is the kick in the arse he needs? Or maybe he's just a Cruiser-drinking sook. Either way, it's gotta be worth a shot. A point can be made about the players not being happy but hell, it doesn't look to me like they're happy losing either - if we can get some points on the board through a half-decent strike weapon, we might just remember what it feels like to win.

Still sitting on the fence with this one - won't care too much either way. Norman MUST be dropped now he's signed with the Eels though. Get the new spine running now, we'll need it working next year (this year might be essentially over before it's really begun..)

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013

littledavey? Welcome bro.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

@chrisgarry1: EXCLUSIVE-Brisbane Broncos have declared their cheque books are open and are chasing a star playmaker for 2014. Carney, Reynolds etc targets

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

Carney said on the news tonight that he's happy to stay at Cronulla now that Flannigans back so it won't be him.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

depends how much cash is involved though really. norman was happy to stay at broncs too until the money came from parra. sharks have spent plenty of late. its not like carney has any real allegiences to the sharks.

so we arent getting dugan i guess

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

@chrisgarry1: EXCLUSIVE-Brisbane Broncos have declared their cheque books are open and are chasing a star playmaker for 2014. Carney, Reynolds etc targets
I wonder what this means for signing Dugan.

Ideally we would sign Dugan and one of either Carney or Reynolds for next year. Add 2/3 players to our team and we can be a real threat, a good fullback and half is exactly what we're missing.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

to me it implies that we arent signing dugan.

what i find astounding is that it also implies that prior to normans departure we had no interest in the open market for a big name player.

ridiculous.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Giddee up....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

to me it implies that we arent signing dugan.

what i find astounding is that it also implies that prior to normans departure we had no interest in the open market for a big name player.

ridiculous.

Yeah, it's like "now that our half that isn't even good enough to push past Wallace and a geriatric has left we can sign a star player" pfft pathetic

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
The big Dugan discussion

I don't know which Reynolds that is but either way I don't think they are the answer.

Thurston is signed up and frankly I don't think any player is left that can really fix our needs.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ronald
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Brotherdu
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scdeac
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Socnorb
  • OXY-351
  • john1420
  • johnyE
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.