Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

I've been pushing for Norman at Fullback since last year, mainly because Hoffman doesn't have his ball playing ability, and I always thought that we definitely needed that from the fullback position. Add to that his kicking ability, and we're on a winner...
I also definitely believe it is Norman's best position by far, as it allows him to chime in when he wants to, instead of being pretty much constantly involved in attack, which is a basic requirement from a halve. If he loses that nonchalance and gains experience, he can become a seriously good fullback too!

Given we're not getting Dugan, I'm hoping Kahu is built from a similar mould, but I don't like losing the fullback Norman. I couldn't care less about the five-eight though...

Thing is, with Dugan playing at his best, he can ballplay with the best of the current fullbacks.

Norman has been fantastic at fullback. What frustrates me about him is that fb is clearly his best position by miles and he doesn't have what it takes to play 5/8 at this stage. Maybe with a few years at the back he will get the vision he needs for 5/8, who knows. I just don't understand why he can't just realise this is the best spot for his career instead of cracking the sads. If we would be happy to stay at fullback he would be awesome for us and I would be all for matching Parras money, but ONLY at fullback

i dont think the broncos have quite resigned to letting norman go just yet.

sure norman 'gave his word' but whatever bros

Well these days giving your word and actually signing are two different things.

Norman was pretty up front in saying he won't change his mind. I think he might be a bit pissed off that he got moved to fullback.

He should be thanking Hook for moving him to fullback.

He's playing 100 times better there than he did at 5/8.

He's a fucking idiot if that is the case. Not only because he's playing better, but because he's still playing in one of the most important positions on the footy field.

I've been pushing for Norman at Fullback since last year, mainly because Hoffman doesn't have his ball playing ability, and I always thought that we definitely needed that from the fullback position. Add to that his kicking ability, and we're on a winner...
I also definitely believe it is Norman's best position by far, as it allows him to chime in when he wants to, instead of being pretty much constantly involved in attack, which is a basic requirement from a halve. If he loses that nonchalance and gains experience, he can become a seriously good fullback too!

LOL ......yeah that still shits me / scares the shit out me.

He seems like he'd be a quirky sort of guy. Does some weird stuff sometimes.

Norman was pretty up front in saying he won't change his mind. I think he might be a bit pissed off that he got moved to fullback.

Where did he say this....?

what i dont understand is the broncs have lockyer around the club and surely youd think he'd have a few solid chats with norman to convince him fb is his best position at least for the next couple of years. i mean if it was good enough for locky...

IF Locky is doing and advisory work at the club, i can't believe he hasn't told them sooner to throw the ball wide a lot sooner.

Fullback is a much easier position to look good in than the halves, Norman should definitely be thankful. Space is already created for him when he gets the ball, and he is only running at a max of 2 defenders. It's any 5/8th dream.

Given we're not getting Dugan, I'm hoping Kahu is built from a similar mould, but I don't like losing the fullback Norman. I couldn't care less about the five-eight though...

For mine, FB these days is so much more about instincts: like a 2nd 5/8 - reading the play, when to move up, when to cover defend ... none of which Hoffman has, in fact, no-one I have seen so far has them .... except .... KEMPY !!!!!

F**k Dugan - bring on Kempy in 2014

(Nothing like NRL with a dash of soccer - now that is instinct hahaha)

God I want to see Kemp back in the side.

I'm losing patience with Maranta. Seems a good kid but he's about as threatening as a nun at a death metal concert. I think if Kemp is fit and in form, he should get a shot on the wing alongside Hodges.

Kemp outside Hodges would be awesome.

ALMOST as good as the Hodges/JYY combo.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.