Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

If there was another real option on the market sure, however there isn't and I'd rather Dugan over nobody.

Exactly.

We're screaming out for a gamebreaker.

Dugan would fit the bill perfectly.

This is what f***s me off the most about the broncos at the moment. We NEED Dugan but the powers that be are too blind or stubborn to admit they need to overlook his instagram garbage.

The worst thing is you can see how this will all play out.

1. He will be allowed to have a contract registered

2. St Merge will swoop in and pick him up and he will ignite their struggling attack

3. They will be massive improvers and all of a sudden the same media that criticized us for looking at him will praise the dragons for taking a chance and look at what happened.

4. We will all get to watch him tear it up, read all about how the broncos should have given him a chance and how he is reformed blah blah vlah, all the while we will languish at the bottom half of the ladder, with no other options with our good wholesome boys and get to listen to f***ing Gee Gee crap on about how our fans would be horrified if they recruited outside of qld and hook will give his usual, "the effort is there and a win is just around the corner" bulls***

5. Oh yeah and we will probably announce that our saviour is coming to turn things around by signing Berrigan and casey mcguire

WoW! Some people have a very high opinion of Dugan's ability.

WoW! Some people have a very high opinion of Dugan's ability.

I think it's more a case of a low opinion of our own players' ability. Which is sad, but understandable.

This is what f***s me off the most about the broncos at the moment. We NEED Dugan but the powers that be are too blind or stubborn to admit they need to overlook his instagram garbage.

The worst thing is you can see how this will all play out.

1. He will be allowed to have a contract registered

2. St Merge will swoop in and pick him up and he will ignite their struggling attack

3. They will be massive improvers and all of a sudden the same media that criticized us for looking at him will praise the dragons for taking a chance and look at what happened.

4. We will all get to watch him tear it up, read all about how the broncos should have given him a chance and how he is reformed blah blah vlah, all the while we will languish at the bottom half of the ladder, with no other options with our good wholesome boys and get to listen to f***ing Gee Gee crap on about how our fans would be horrified if they recruited outside of qld and hook will give his usual, "the effort is there and a win is just around the corner" bulls***

5. Oh yeah and we will probably announce that our saviour is coming to turn things around by signing Berrigan and casey mcguire
Yep, St Merge will sign him up regardless.

Go get him Broncos.

And yes I do rate Dugan highly, when he's on his game he's easily one of the top fullbacks around. Who do we have at fullback right now? Probably one of the worst.

And underestimate his ability to injure himself at will.

eh Hodges is the same, Maybe the medical staff at Brisbane will be able to better help him manage it and there is also the possibility that the cold of Canberra plays a part in it as well.

As for him being highly rated on here, The kid has amazing ability when on his game. It's just a matter of finding what makes him tick and unlocking his full potential. Both points are things we will never know fully if we don't sign him, even just a 2yr deal. There is no better realistic options on the market so I don't see a harm in taking a gamble on the kid.

I'm also not yet convinced the Raiders as a club are at no fault in this, there is a disturbing patten with their young guys and behavior issues.

I've been more on the Dugan bandwagon than I am now.

I can't get over the fact that he went on a rampage on Instagram/Twitter while under contract negotiations where this stuff would've come up for sure.
His mum/grandpa insults excuse just isn't good enough, and the fact he couldn't resist it goes to show his character.

Whether the Raiders are partially to blame or not isn't a factor, as he is no longer tied to them, and if anything, should make him a happier, more stable person.

Personal problems don't get fixed overnight just because you have changed teams. I think he will still have problems here if he were to join, not sure if we could fix him to be honest. But who cares, worth a shot and I'd still be happy if they went ahead and signed him up, but for less money of course. In regards to draggx comment about finding out what makes him tick and unlocking his full potential, can you ever see Griffin doing that? He'll be on his own with his personal professional development. But again, worth a shot.

Dugan would improve our side, but nowhere near as much as some people suggest. Our main problem is Wallace and Prince in the halves. Daylight is second and then finally it's the fullback and hooker. I just dunno if we would be able to buy a decent half if we sign Dugan for the ridiculous amount that's been mentioned.

He wasn't offered 2 million, no way. That's why we could still afford to go after a half, which is what Griffin said.

He wasn't offered 2 million, no way. That's why we could still afford to go after a half, which is what Griffin said.

I believe him when he says that we can buy a half too, but it would probably end up being someone like Jeremy Smith (the half) or Ben Roberts.

I'd take Norman over Dugan any day of the week after last night's performance. It's a shame he's found his best position at the Broncos after he's signed with the Eels.

I would still have Dugan over Norman any day.

He's going to the Eels to play 5/8... LOL

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.