Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

I'm losing patience with Maranta. Seems a good kid but he's about as threatening as a nun at a death metal concert. I think if Kemp is fit and in form, he should get a shot on the wing alongside Hodges.

Like I said in the Cowboys build up thread. Maranta is solid at best. The only thing that I see him as being better then ordinary at is cathcing cross field kicks to his wing in defence. I dont think he has even looked like scoring from a kick though. When he runs the ball back he stops before the line and doesnt get across the advantage line. The tackle is always a dominent tackle and that leads to a slow play the ball which allows the defence time to set up. Since he is usually running the ball on the first or second tackle his slow play the balls lead to the rest of the set being slower then it could have been.

Any where is the speed that i have heard so much about. He bombed a try last night because he couldnt keep up with Norman and Norman is definately not the fastest bloke going around. If that was Hoffman outside of Norman last night he would have scored.

He either needs to take a leaf out of Hoff's book and use footwork or run like K Hunt did. If he doesnt then bring Kahu in. I know he isnt a winger but hopefully he is going to be a regular first grader next year. Give him some time in first grade on the wing before we throw him in the deep end at centre or FB or even 6 next year.

Last edited:

Yeah, for someone who is supposed to be fast him and his pie guts sure do have a funny way of showing their speed. Seriously, I've seen Hannant run faster and that's no joke.

Surely Kemp must be close to being fit to take Marantas place ?

You would hope so, he had an injury though so I am not sure what is going on. I definitely think Griffin was just buying his time until Kemp showed some match fitness before bringing him in. I think his injury proved to Griffin that he's not quite ready yet. I say give it a few more games after he has recovered from injury before they will call him up.

Unless of course Maranta starts playing some good football. The young lad definitely does not have explosive speed like Kemp does. As a matter of fact most of our forwards move can start out as fast as him :P

It's unfortunate with the Norman situation. He appears to have the potential to be one of the better fullbacks but he doesn't want to be there and he's currently not worth the money parts will pay him. I'd like to see kemp or kahu given a few games there or anywhere each to prepare them for next year. See if they take off.

Look to see us sign Dugan on less money if Dragons don't pick him up.

It's unfortunate with the Norman situation. He appears to have the potential to be one of the better fullbacks but he doesn't want to be there and he's currently not worth the money parts will pay him. I'd like to see kemp or kahu given a few games there or anywhere each to prepare them for next year. See if they take off.

Norman is playing well because he has nothing to lose.

New team, no cotton wool, new city, Parramatta management - he has a very steep learning curve, is the nicest way to put it.

im still hoping we sign him, even though i dont think we will. hoffman is killing it on the wing, proving to be an excellent finisher. having dugan there to set him up would be awesome.

Would you think the Dragons are even more interested given Beale's injury?

Does Dugan want to go to the Dragons though? He didn't want to go there initially, so if as people have said the door is still open at the Broncos I reckon we could still get him!

Well ideally his twitter rants just means we end up getting him at a cheaper price than before. That would be great.

We seriously need someone like Dugan, we're going to have a massive hole at 1 next year and without a competent fullback the team cannot be competitive.

I don't think the Broncos would put their reputation on the line. Drinking a breezer while injured is one thing, but unleashing on a fan because they have a go, right after you've been given the sack, and offered a massive contract at a reputable club, that's just dumb.

I'm still crossing my fingers that we sign him, even with all his baggage.

We need more X-factor in our backline !!!

but unleashing on a fan because they have a go

It was more than just a go.

The fan was saying his grandfather had sex with his mother.

This thread needs that Rachel McAdams' meme:

STOP TRYING TO MAKE DUGAN HAPPEN

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

It was more than just a go.

The fan was saying his grandfather had sex with his mother.

Yes and that's disgraceful, but professional athletes should understand that there are scumbags out there who will say things like that, especially if they can hide behind a computer when they do it. His retaliation was not justified and has faced the consequences accordingly.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.