Josh Dugan - Signs with Dragons

Do you want the Brisbane Broncos to make a play for Josh Dugan?

• Total voters
Re: Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

Interesting information in the Couriermail today about the contract offered to Dugan. This is part of an article where Griffin defends the club's recruitment strategy. It would seem everyone is reading BHQ at the moment! :laugh:

The Courier-Mail has learned the Broncos offered Dugan $230,000 annually for three seasons, well below the reported $2 million package. The deal collapsed after the fullback's Twitter tirade at disgruntled Canberra supporters.

LINK

Nowhere near the reported $2 million, which probably means the deal for Gillett and Reed could be anything well south of the $3 million they mention in this same article!

What a pity though, snatching Dugan for that money, albeit a risk, was definitely worth it!

Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

Dugan... Ain't nobody got time for him

What's happened to Vidot... I thought he looked really promising a couple of years ago.

At one stage was ahead of Yow Yeh for the vacant Maroons wing jersey.

He cared more about tattoos and being a early 20s dudebro than about his footy. His wing play at times is barely NSW Cup standard and he just never fixed his hands.

He's certainly got talent and maybe under the right coach he could make something of himself but I don't know if he's the right fit for us just yet. I still feel like we've got a bunch of guys who have yet to really establish themselves yet.

Vidot just looks too big this year.

Looks more like a backrower than a winger.

He's huge !!!

Agree jarro, I was just about to post that. If we could get him back to his best he would certainly be a step up from a Maranta.

Aaron Whitchurch returns from injury this weekend for Redcliffe. Could easily fill wing position when back to full fitness.
I think at the moment Maranta is going okay if anything needs a bit more depth as does the rest of the team.

Interesting information in the Couriermail today about the contract offered to Dugan. This is part of an article where Griffin defends the club's recruitment strategy. It would seem everyone is reading BHQ at the moment! :laugh:

Nowhere near the reported $2 million, which probably means the deal for Gillett and Reed could be anything well south of the $3 million they mention in this same article!

What a pity though, snatching Dugan for that money, albeit a risk, was definitely worth it!
For **** sake. Please get him. Even at 300k he would be a bargain.
It shits me that he plays up and then the Dragons just get him...

from that article:

"saying the Broncos would have lost Matt Gillett had they trumped Souths in a bidding war for back-rower Ben Te'o."

it was always going to be one or the other, i wish we kept teo tbh. we've made our bed though, so lets hope Gillett can get back to his pre-2012 form.

from the same article:

"THE Broncos have completed a $3 million retention coup with in-form representative duo Matt Gillett and Jack Reed today securing upgraded deals to stay at Red Hill."

if $3mil is anywhere near the figure, and not the 2mil thrown around yesterday, do you guys still think we're not paying more than theyre worth?

Last edited:
Josh Dugan - Broncos withdraw their offer

Ifs, buts and candy nuts.

from that article:

"saying the Broncos would have lost Matt Gillett had they trumped Souths in a bidding war for back-rower Ben Te'o."

it was always going to be one or the other, i wish we kept teo tbh. we've made our bed though, so lets hope Gillett can get back to his pre-2012 form.

from the same article:

"THE Broncos have completed a $3 million retention coup with in-form representative duo Matt Gillett and Jack Reed today securing upgraded deals to stay at Red Hill."

if $3mil is anywhere near the figure, and not the 2mil thrown around yesterday, do you guys still think we're not paying more than theyre worth?
Firstly I'm happy we kept Gillett over Teo.

To answer your question though, if we did pay 3 million then I would definitely be unhappy with that figure, 2 million however, I think is reasonable.

Surely its not 3 mil!!!!!!?!??!??!??!??!? Right now on form I wish we kept Teo, I know you all are thinking it but just don't want to admit it :)

Last edited:

Journos pull these figures of their arse. We were going to pay Dugan anywhere between 200k to 600k so who knows what Reed and Gillett are getting paid.

I also think we should get Dugan.

I still think we should only pay players in chewing gum.

Lets give Dugan a hubba bubba truck.

No. That's bubble gum. Our players aren't worth bubble gum.

Surely its not 3 mil!!!!!!?!??!??!??!??!? Right now on form I wish we kept Teo, I know you all are thinking it but just don't want to admit it :)

Nope not at all

Active Now

• Jason Simmons
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.