Josh Hoffman

I hope Josh doesn't see that video on his thread. He'll be asking for a release to the swifts cos he just wants to play goal attack.

I don't care if Hoffman wears the number 1 jersey ... as long as he still PLAYS on the wing

Adding another layer to this whole thing. Dobbo on the dead set legends was just saying that after his wife got that message from hoffy, he texted him and said nice work and that was a classy thing to do. Apparently hoffy texted back and said "mate it was a massive media beat up and he wasn't going anywhere"

Now this could mean one of many things.

Either he literally wasn't going anywhere and he is sick of trying to set the media straight

He was always staying but his manager wanted broncos to give a better deal or consideration for fullback etc

Maybe the dogs were in his ear and he was starting to believe the shit, but the meeting with the broncos reinforced that he is valued etc.

Maybe they just said flat out your not leaving and he was saving face.

Could be any combination of that too... Very interesting

I reckon he genuinely wanted to leave, but when he found out he couldn't, he put on his big boy pants and decided to knuckle down and do everything he can to have a strong season. I have no way of actually know if this is true or not, but given what his manager has said and what Hoffman has said now, that's the inference I've drawn. If that is the case, I admire his attitude.

I wonder if the Broncos have told him they will release him for next season if he shuts up and gets on with it this season?

I reckon he genuinely wanted to leave, but when he found out he couldn't, he put on his big boy pants and decided to knuckle down and do everything he can to have a strong season. I have no way of actually know if this is true or not, but given what his manager has said and what Hoffman has said now, that's the inference I've drawn. If that is the case, I admire his attitude.

He'll also know that if he wants a good contract if he finally gets a release (when his contract expires) that he will have to not only play good footy, but show he has a good attitude ... and that helps us.

It could also have been that the Broncos management have said to him, that they will give him a release at seasons end (so they have ample time to source a replacement) as long as he tows the party line, so to speak.

Adding another layer to this whole thing. Dobbo on the dead set legends was just saying that after his wife got that message from hoffy, he texted him and said nice work and that was a classy thing to do. Apparently hoffy texted back and said "mate it was a massive media beat up and he wasn't going anywhere"

Now this could mean one of many things.

Either he literally wasn't going anywhere and he is sick of trying to set the media straight

He was always staying but his manager wanted broncos to give a better deal or consideration for fullback etc

Maybe the dogs were in his ear and he was starting to believe the shit, but the meeting with the broncos reinforced that he is valued etc.

Maybe they just said flat out your not leaving and he was saving face.

Could be any combination of that too... Very interesting

I think it could be that. This Hoffman saga started when Broncos tried signing Barba, but I didn't hear a single thing about Hoffman being unhappy from anyone when Broncos were going to sign Dugan. Not a peep, so I think Bulldogs have been getting into his ear and trying to convince him to leave ever since they knew that they were going to lose Barba.

I wouldn't be surprised if we released him after this season. Griffin is that car with the bad guys in "True Lies" that's right over the edge, where a Pelican sits on it and it falls. If the team doesn't play better, he's gone, so he could be doing all he can to convince Hoffman to stay for at least this season.

What I don't understand is if the Dogs did want him, then why didn't they just ask for Hoffman in exchange for Barba. Of course, maybe they did and it was rejected, but given the situation, I'd have thought it would have been a perfectly reasonable request. "Hey Paul, Josh isn't going to be too happy if you sign Ben, and we'll need to improve our backline, so if you want Barba we want Josh."

What I don't understand is if the Dogs did want him, then why didn't they just ask for Hoffman in exchange for Barba. Of course, maybe they did and it was rejected, but given the situation, I'd have thought it would have been a perfectly reasonable request. "Hey Paul, Josh isn't going to be too happy if you sign Ben, and we'll need to improve our backline, so if you want Barba we want Josh."

it was reported that a direct swap was proposed but rejected by Hoffman

They did request that, Hoffman rejected the deal

I didn't know that. Kinda makes me lolz if he really does want out now.

I can almost guarantee us releasing him for the 2015 season, once we get Milford and (hopefully) with the likes of Hodges, Kahu, Oates not injured, we'll have plenty of depth at the back and it won't be such a massive deal losing him.

1. Barba
2. Copley
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Maybe something like this, with Nikorima, Strasser, Kahu, Vidot, Mills in depth.

I'd probably have Oates on the bench for 2015.

Nothing wrong with that backline and PLENTY of depth there too. Copley, Reed, Hodges, Kahu are all big men too.

I believe josh is sincere and will at least stay for 2014/15, if not longer.

I wouldn't be surprised if we released him after this season. Griffin is that car with the bad guys in "True Lies" that's right over the edge, where a Pelican sits on it and it falls. If the team doesn't play better, he's gone, so he could be doing all he can to convince Hoffman to stay for at least this season.

have to lean towards the post 2014 release....

but the irony... imagine being a coach having endured years of wallace & co and then facing the axe a few games into having a barba & recalibrated hunt at your disposal & possibly not having the opportunity of a milford...

... but if things never went so screwy we may not have seen these weapons on deck..

mightntve hurt if our once incumbent fullback entertained developing his game to the same degree he growingly felt entitled to the #1..

i digress. hope water's under the bridge & he develops in the wing or centre... but id be suprised if its with us beyond '14 - pleasantly

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Rambstien
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Behold
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • broncs30
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.