Josh McCrone Rumour

McCrone is flattered by his more potent outside men.

When it comes to the nitty gritty, he wouldn't be any better than what we've got.

Who's next? Thomas Leuluai? Jeff Robson? Luke Kelly?

I don't know about McCrone's talent but I'll say one thing, he's a much better support player and ball runner than Wallace and Prince and it's not even close.

Nah, he'd definitely do better IMO. I am not a big fan of him, but he is definitely more creative than either of those. Quicker too. He just shouldn't be used as an organiser. Hopefully Hunt works on that area once he settles in.

I don't know about McCrone's talent but I'll say one thing, he's a much better support player and ball runner than Wallace and Prince and it's not even close.

Yep, and unlike Norman or Wallace, he can spot an opportunity. He'd go pretty well with the refreshed Hodges.

But this is only if we don't sign both of Milford and Barba. If we got both, I wouldn't want him.

I don't see it.

He's somebody who does a job playing behind a big pack and a potent backline. He's like a poor man's Maloney - and lord knows James has his share of problems.

Whatever advantage he has over Prince + Wallace is marginal at best.

I don't see it.

He's somebody who does a job playing behind a big pack and a potent backline. He's like a poor man's Maloney - and lord knows James has his share of problems.

Whatever advantage he has over Prince + Wallace is marginal at best.

Hey, any advantage is still an advantage. :thumbup1:

Our problem is that Prince and Wallace play pre-meditated footy most of the time, they don't take chances if they spot them. They just kinda shuffle the ball around. Prince tries, but he's past it, and will be 34 next year. We need two halves who can spot an opportunity, or go themselves. Then even Macca's role would be more valuable, he'd be the chief organiser until Hunt grows into it.

I'd say our back line could be pretty potent at full strength, especially if we get one of Barba/Milford.
Our pack will be pretty big next year too (too big for my liking actually).

Just seems like the grass is always greener.

Specially if they're from Canberra.

Let the Raiders keep the dead weight.

I'm with Pete, McCrone can stay where he is, it's like replacing a 5/10 player with a 5.5/10 player, just a waste of time.

I'd happily take Campese or Milford though.

His style suits us better, that's my point I guess. People are happy Hunt is playing what's in front of him and taking chances. We should have 2 halves like that.

Like I said though, I'd only take him if we only got 1 of Barba/Milford.

Balance is key.

Unless both halves are blessed with oodles of talent, you can't go with two impulse players. It just doesn't work.

McCrone had a surprisingly good 2012, but his 2013 has been pretty ordinary and I don't see the value. I'd rather hold out for an ineivtable mid-season departure than pay reasonable dosh for the mouthguarded one.

Money would be better spent on the backs.

Agree with Pete, money could be better spent on a Fullback, or just save until someone good comes off contract or asks for a release (Barba, Milford), no point in going sideways by replacing Prince/Wallace with McCrone.

I wouldn't mind McCrone arriving in Brisbane. He reminds me a bit of Josh Reynolds: he is a good support player; a strong ball runner; a good instinct player but struggles with seeing the game a few plays ahead; and his long term future could possibly be at hooker. His kicking game is quite poor but I've also been impressed with the improvement to his passing this year, he has done really well at opening up the defence at times. But overall I think he could still make a good half for Brisbane if we chose to play him there. He isn't going to become a superstar and he will always have his limitations but I am firmly of the opinion that he is a noticeable improvement on Wallace or Prince. Plus it isn't as if there are an abundance of NRL-ready halves on the market or in the NYC.

Really depends on how much he demands. I wouldn't break open the piggy bank for him but if Gee gets a good deal then I'd be happy to cheer him on.

I wouldn't mind McCrone arriving in Brisbane. He reminds me a bit of Josh Reynolds: he is a good support player; a strong ball runner; a good instinct player but struggles with seeing the game a few plays ahead; and his long term future could possibly be at hooker. His kicking game is quite poor but I've also been impressed with the improvement to his passing this year, he has done really well at opening up the defence at times. But overall I think he could still make a good half for Brisbane if we chose to play him there. He isn't going to become a superstar and he will always have his limitations but I am firmly of the opinion that he is a noticeable improvement on Wallace or Prince. Plus it isn't as if there are an abundance of NRL-ready halves on the market or in the NYC.

Really depends on how much he demands. I wouldn't break open the piggy bank for him but if Gee gets a good deal then I'd be happy to cheer him on.

Pretty much agree with this 95%. Disagree with the hooker part. He isn't an organiser, hence why he doesn't plan ahead. If this was 10 or so years back, he'd be a 5/8th. I feel like creativity is more important at this stage though. We won't have an organiser there next year anyway, whether we sign Barba, Milford or McCrone.

hahahaha - Gee getting a good deal :loool:

I agree KW, I would accept McCrone on the right terms, but the thought of Gee getting a good deal really made me laugh :biggrin:

....I'm watching you buddy. You post like someone I know and your location adds further fuel to the fire.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • The True King
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.