Josh McGuire signs with Cowboys - Immediate Switch

At talking sense or being an opinionated jerk?

Just his commentary is awful. I get that he's different from other vultures, but that doesn't mean he's any good at commentating either. He's still my fav player of all time though.

I watched a lot of Gallens games over the years and his early days contrasted strongly with his later years. He seemed to have cleaned up his act but most wouldn't have noticed because it's a human tendency to pigeon hole people. The old saying about giving a dog a bad name is based on the way we tend to view things. I probably would feel the same but I watched instead of assuming I already knew all that was needed. He was very grubby early on no doubt.

He is grubby every time i see him play and bloke really has no class. Look at his especially poor after game interviews in origin. The bloke is disrespect on legs. Just because he doesn't racially abuse people, rip stitches out of blokes, squirrel grip or punch people in the face who weren't in a position to defend themselves that much anymore doesn't mean he still doesn't play dirty. I see him plenty dropping his forearms into blokes faces on the floor or elbowing them in the head after he has been tackled. I do agree though, he isnt as bad as he used to be, but he is still a grub.

He shouldnt even be playing the game imo. He took a banned substance, got caught doing it and confessed. We should have zero tolerance for players who take performance enhancing drugs.

I watched a lot of Gallens games over the years and his early days contrasted strongly with his later years. He seemed to have cleaned up his act but most wouldn't have noticed because it's a human tendency to pigeon hole people. The old saying about giving a dog a bad name is based on the way we tend to view things. I probably would feel the same but I watched instead of assuming I already knew all that was needed. He was very grubby early on no doubt.
He may have cleaned up his act, but I love hating him so much.

Yeh for some reason I want to say it was Ron Massey, but I'm not 100% sure. In any event it was some old league legend on his last legs and Gallen really looked up to him and he absolutely destroyed Gallen during that man to man yarn.

Pretty sure it was Ron Massey.

I love how tough rugby league is. It's one of the main reasons why I watch it. I'm sure most people share a similar view. What I dont like seeing is players commit grubby acts like pushing their elbow into another players face in the tackle. I have never liked that aspect of rugby league.
I don’t have a problem with that as it is much better than the bad old days when it was an elbow to the jaw rather than tackle them.

I remember it well and it still makes me angry. Weak ****. Not really I suppose because he was a tough mofo but it was a gutless act.

Yeah it's the sort of act in sport or life in general that doesn't make a person tough, just dirty and gutless. Les Boyd could be tough but he was also an absolute grub and at times gutless like this. Someone like Trevor Gillmeister was genuinely tough.

Yeah it's the sort of act in sport or life in general that doesn't make a person tough, just dirty and gutless. Les Boyd could be tough but he was also an absolute grub and at times gutless like this. Someone like Trevor Gillmeister was genuinely tough.

There were a lot of genuinely tough forwards in that era, Dave Brown, Chris Phelan, Danny Nutley, Gillmeister, Gavin Miller - not grubs just tough and hard in the way they played.

There were a lot of genuinely tough forwards in that era, Dave Brown, Chris Phelan, Danny Nutley, Gillmeister, Gavin Miller - not grubs just tough and hard in the way they played.

Definitely I agree, I'm not saying all of them were grubs in that era or since then

Last edited:
Trevor was tough but I did see one very poor effort from him. A king hit on a player who wasn't looking. From memory it was the game where as premiers we won, for the first time the Challenge Cup in England.

Otherwise he wasn't really a grub like Boyd or Geyer.

Trevor was tough but I did see one very poor effort from him. A king hit on a player who wasn't looking. From memory it was the game where as premiers we won, for the first time the Challenge Cup in England.

Otherwise he wasn't really a grub like Boyd or Geyer.

Fair enough Huge.

Active Now

• barker
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.