Josh McGuire

• Thread starter BroncosFan4Life7
  • Start date
Qld's answer to woods and fifita

WTF does this mean lol.

Woods is slow, off the pace and really offers nothing in attack in state of origin.

Fifita is a beast that hates to be tackled and just dominates his opposition.

Totally different players. One will be in the NSW team for the rest of his career, woods, wont see another game in the blue jersey

knew hed be a star right from his first few games, and said as much on here. hes already our best prop. gets through a mountain of work and always gives 100% in everything even when hes playing 80 minutes.

unlucky with injuries, wouldve played state of origin this year otherwise. will definitely be there next year if uninjured. him and hoffman (and possibly hunt) are the only shining lights in our young guys IMO.

Agree 100%. When I was having yells at someone else about Hala, I pointed out the difference between the two. In that McGuire looked ready from the start, you could tell he had the right stuff. Hala's shown nothing. Yeah yeah, injuries, confidence, time, blah blah blah. Excuses. The Big Show is The Man, it was inevitable.

If Kennedy gets picked ahead of him for Origin next year, I'll lol.

I'll cry, really deserves a full season to show everyone what he's made of. The bad eyes are worrying, but hopefully he cops no more injuries there. I still think he would play better than Anderson if he lost both eyes and had to replace them with glass ones.

Ill be honest I didnt rate him at all when he first broke into the NRL.,I think it was the fact that he called himself the "Big Show" that threw me. But hes proven me wrong and been an absolute beast for the last two years. From what I've heard he's also a top bloke off the field as well, he visited my friend who's been in and out of hospital for ages and she couldn't say enough about what he did for her.

Ill be honest I didnt rate him at all when he first broke into the NRL.,I think it was the fact that he called himself the "Big Show" that threw me. But hes proven me wrong and been an absolute beast for the last two years. From what I've heard he's also a top bloke off the field as well, he visited my friend who's been in and out of hospital for ages and she couldn't say enough about what he did for her.

Well you can thank Thaiday for the nickname. Apparently Sammy dubbed him the Big Show as a joke and it caught on despite McGuire's protests. Here's a thought, make Josh captain, we can start calling Thaiday the Axed Show.

Well you can thank Thaiday for the nickname. Apparently Sammy dubbed him the Big Show as a joke and it caught on despite McGuire's protests. Here's a thought, make Josh captain, we can start calling Thaiday the Axed Show.

I heard he called himself the Big Show when he was playing for Norths.

Moose is his nickname no? Big Show was all Sammy's doing, Josh admitted that in an interview I think.

Any updates on Josh? hasnt said anything to the media since the announcement

hopefully hes calmed down by now,

Any updates on Josh? hasnt said anything to the media since the announcement

hopefully hes calmed down by now,

I hope the Broncos say if you guys don't want to be here next year we will shop you around. I hope these players who want to work it out quickly too, so we can find replacements.

If McGuire doesn't want to be here because Griffin won't be here then he knows where the door is.

No player is bigger than the club. If McG thinks that he is, then he's welcome to find another club. That's exactly what happened with Corey Norman and look how that turned out.

Hopefully he can come to terms with the change of coach. I can understand his perspective given his youth and Hook being the only coach he's played under. It's natural for him to express a measure of loyalty under such circumstances.

However, changing coaches is a very common occurrence in the modern game. I would expect as a professional he's able to move on and get with the program.

i'm sure he'll be fine once the news sinks in, he has a proper chat with hook, and then a chat with bennett about moving forward. regardless of our own thoughts on whether bennett was the right decision, surely the opportunity to play under bennett who's coached so many great props in the past would be an appealing one.

If Hook is coaching nowhere next year (high likelihood) I doubt McGuire's loyalty extends to sitting on the sidelines. It's also an emotional reaction which he started to equiviocate away from towards the end of the interview ("...You ask any player at the club how much we ..")

I also think that this type of closeness/loyalty is a double edged sword - for all its positivity, mateship and "life is bigger than a game of football-ness", it breeds complacency which is a massive reason why the Broncos have lacked a killer instinct to knock over teams this year.

Bennett will hopefully bring that out of the players and take them to the next level.

You have to step outside your comfort zone to grow.

Josh is not an idiot, he won't just up & leave because he's sad about Hook. He has a family now, and will know very well that Wayne has coached 3 of the top 5 props of the modern era.

What is he 5 foot 10? Thereabouts? Needs to be in the backrow.

Even Webcke was at least 6 foot+. Petero 6,4.

Tired of these players that get payed 20,30 grand a game, but only want to play on their terms.

If he only wants to be where Griffin is then his position should be: 18. Left. Right. Out, or 19. ****. Right. Off.

They are playing for a club which is supported by fans. If they don't like it - there is the door.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.