Justin Hodges best year?

That play in general was unreal from Hodges run to Masons effort running down Berrigan and Berrigans effort to still get the ball down how he did.

berrigantry_wideweb__470x296,0.jpg

I've always thought that the only reason Mason got there was because Berrigan & the other chasers all stuttered for a second or two, giving Willie a chance to catch up. No denying the effort to even be there, though.

That's the best way to score a try, using your face as leverage to put the ball down. All the cool kids are doing it these days!

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't Mason back on his own 20 metre line getting treated or something then? I seem to remember them praising him, even though to me it didn't look like he ran too far.

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't Mason back on his own 20 metre line getting treated or something then? I seem to remember them praising him, even though to me it didn't look like he ran too far.

Not that far back. From memory (and it's getting cloudier) he was behind the kicker, so was probably 30-odd away from the Broncos line. Just quietly.... Hodges' pass was forward. Sssshhhhhh.

It was suspect but I've watched the play so many times that it comes flat out the hands.

Mason is one of the players Hodges runs through in his own half. Good effort to chase Berrigan to the corner but always bugged me how Sterlo is so quick to congratulate Willie instead of giving props to the try of the season.

That Hodges pass looks worse than it is because he's almost moving directly towards the half way camera as he passes. His angle, plus Berrigan running onto it does make it look worse than it is.

I remember they had an alternative angle of it on the 20th Anniversary DVD which lead me to my conclusion.

Hopefully they include said angle in the upcoming 25th anniversary DVD pack which is supposed to cover the 25 greatest moments in the club's history.

2006 was Hodgos best year at the Broncos for reasons already mentioned. Will never forget that preliminary final against Canterbury I almost walked away at halftime as I thought we were beaten. One of the best second halfs of footy I've ever seen and Hodges was the one that started it.

Lockys mentions Willy gobbing off at half time. Fired the boys up a bit

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • kman
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.