Kahu fears playing in QCup

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Per: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...t/news-story/ec40765a5aa323bd27e110b9b422093c

FROM Kiwi Test star to the Queensland Cup — that’s the very real prospect Jordan Kahu faces this year.
With David Mead cementing himself on Brisbane’s right wing outside James Roberts, Darius Boyd at fullback and Corey Oates on the left edge, that leaves a vacant centre spot up for grabs.
Both Kahu and new recruit Benji Marshall have been training at left centre in a head-to-head battle for the spot.
While Kahu is favourite to secure the position, the New Zealand Test fullback isn’t so sure.
“I’ve been training at centre and on the wing,” Kahu told foxsports.com.au.
“I’ve been giving Darbs (Darius Boyd) a break every now and then (at fullback) as well. If I play centre, I’ll be happy.
“I know I don’t want to be playing Q Cup. If I do get that centre spot I’ll try and hold onto it.

Seriously? How could Kahu remotely be saying that when he's a good part of why Brisbane improved since 2014?

The article was fine, the only thing questionable is the title of this thread lol.

It's the off season and the media will feed anything to us impatient little chickens.

Guys , I have it on extremeley good authority that our back line is locked into place for the first few rounds at least, barring injury.

Boydie, Oatsie, Kahu, Jim an Mead are a lock, you can take that as fact. Benji no guarantee for a bench spot for round 1, could go 4 forwards, all depending on KNiks injury recovery.

Also hearin big chance Mitch Moses to roosters next year which will result in tigers makin Brooks a priority signing, so no, he wont be a bronco in 2018.

Please don't ask me where I heard this as confidential .thanks.

Guys , I have it on extremeley good authority that our back line is locked into place for the first few rounds at least, barring injury.

Boydie, Oatsie, Kahu, Jim an Mead are a lock, you can take that as fact. Benji no guarantee for a bench spot for round 1, could go 4 forwards, all depending on KNiks injury recovery.

Also hearin big chance Mitch Moses to roosters next year which will result in tigers makin Brooks a priority signing, so no, he wont be a bronco in 2018.

Where do you get your information?

Yeah he did the classic response. 'Fighting for the spot' etc. Pretty sure players who are guaranteed spots like Cronk and JT have said similar in the past. It's just what they do to big note the club a bit and saying everyone has to fight for their spot. He would be the first person besides Boyd in the back 5 that is picked. Roberts has been iffy at best and has behavioural issues, Oates dipped his hands in butter before the last 10 games of last season and Mead is new to the club.

hi there, would rather not say thanks. Dont wanna put at risk trust with this person an finding out inside info in future.

If it's Daniel, unfortunately you're listening to someone who knows absolutely and utterly nothing.

This is information we already know and has been previously reported.

Guys, if I could please ask that you stop trying to contact me via my private messaging box to ask who it is,thanks. The person who tell me is related to a lower grade player at the club an we dont wanna jepordise he's reputation for leakin info .

Guys, if I could please ask that you stop trying to contact me via my private messaging box to ask who it is,thanks. The person who tell me is related to a lower grade player at the club an we dont wanna jepordise he's reputation for leakin info .
It has to be Daniel Dowell. He's related to everyone.

Any info on our next number 7 faith ??

Active Now

• john1420
  • arieals
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • Justwin
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.