Kahu shoots for the top

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by GCBRONCO, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 061ang

061ang BRL Player

Not a bad blog at all. Well written.

Kahu is a great professional. One of those calm players that is always solid. Very similar to Boyd and if he stays injury free, would have a very similar playing style like current Boyd.

Was good to see them both play fullback for their countries last year during the test. Kind of like a mirror image of what he could be like in the future

Thelmus likes this.
  2. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Kahu is certainly something special.
    That was very honest, and he was man enough to recognize his mistakes and grow from them.
    I never really realized the amount of work it takes to come back from injury. Or how heartbreaking it is.

3. So if Kahu didn't do his MCL in 2014, he would have likely been our 5/8.

4. TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav NYC Player

It would have been interesting to see how he would have handled that position. I dare say he would have done better than what was served up that season by Hoffman/Barba.

5. Morkel

Morkel

Yep. Not only did Hook's Plan A (Milford) get detained at the airport, his Plan B (Kahu) missed the flight too.

6. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Man of the moment

7. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon NRL Captain

He's gone from being an injury prone pain in the ass to a crucial pillar in the team

8. Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct NRL Captain

We must keep Kahu.

Foordy and GKDonkey like this.
  9. I've never seen a more nonchalant field goal.

He was just so chill about it.

Stoked the bloke is finally playing regular footy after all those injury troubles.

Harry Sack likes this.
  10. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Kahu is all class. He's easily my favorite Bronco.

11. Reminds me of Yow Yeh in terms of attitude and heart, some players take being on the field for granted, a player like Kahu who has had to work his backside off with the injury setbacks he has had to endure grabs it with both hands and doesn't let go, he is all class IMO.

rogerwilco, gordjw, Foordy and 2 others like this.
  12. animal eater

animal eater QCup Player

X2 No fuss, no media drama. Just a professional who can pretty well play 1-7 when needed. He is class for sure.

Bucking Beads likes this.
  13. And he's not full of himself either...
    I have so much admiration for this kid.

14. mrslong

mrslong State of Origin Rep

Give this man all the dollars!

15. If only Milford had Kahu's attitude...

Bucking Beads likes this.
  16. Alec

Alec State of Origin Captain

Is it just me, or does this sorta sound like he's not 100% happy being a winger?

17. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

His speed worries me as winger in the long term but his attitude is A1 ! and everything else is top class. If he could improve his defence, id love to see him back in the centres again.

18. Morkel

Morkel

All the more impressive because he's definitely not 100%. He's not comfortable running the ball at the moment, but it's not the running it's the collision that he's avoiding. He wouldn't be out there if it was major or at risk of further damage, but he's very cautious and timid.

Point being, we're not even close to seeing his best. When he's finally able to put some steam in to his running and not worry about hard contact he'll be at another level.

19. gordjw

gordjw NRL Player

Just sounds a bit self-deprecating to me, rather than unhappiness, but who knows.

20. _noosh

_noosh NYC Player

Has anyone else noticed that Kahu has changed his entire goal-kicking routine?
    His practice over the break is clearly showing. It looks better than we've had in years. Looking forward to seeing what his percentage is like further into the season.