• No train, no pay

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Sack manager

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Youth dentention centre

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • 3am visit from Shane Webke

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Real estate with his agent (who is now banned)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Basically just get fucked

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. I think the Bulldogs are being overly-cautious with their timeline and I wouldn't be shocked if he's back by April/May. It's a neck injury so you want to take every precaution so I think they're preparing for a scenario where Oloapu misses an entire season.

That's the peril of trying to rush through your development. We're seeing it more and more how demanding these young players are coming through and they're just not ready for the grind. Oloapu is at that stage of his career where he shouldn't even be thinking NRL, but since he's been paid like an NRL player and his club is planning for the future he found himself in the deep end.

I don't think the Bulldogs were being negligent. I presume they did all the scans and determined that he could play through a neck strain, he copped another whack that put him on the sidelines for two months, and passed his physical only for post-season scans to reveal an issue.

And they don’t even know yet if he needs surgery. Weilder is guessing.

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has revealed that it would have been a "catastrophic" situation if Karl Oloapu didn't realise he had neck pains.

Pinned as the club's next big thing, the injury to Oloapu has allowed the Bulldogs to discover that the youngster had a serious spine condition before sustaining the injury to his neck.

The Herald has disclosed he faced significant risk playing with a condition he was born with and it is understood that when he flexes his neck and looks down, it actually presses on his spinal cord, causing damage.

This means he could need cervical fusion surgery.

“At the moment, we're just gathering medical opinions,” Gould said via the publication.

“I've got a couple of opinions; Karl wants a third opinion. I think he's very, very lucky that something catastrophic didn't happen with a condition that he's got.”

The Herald has revealed that if Oloapu is forced into medical retirement, the Bulldogs will face a $1 million-plus payout from the NRL.

This does not sound good for the kid, sounds like he will be lucky to play again.

It’s a good thing he went for the money now I guess.
Might just be the world's most expensive chicken sandwich.

Walks away a teenager with a cool mill...hope he buys a house with and not a lambo.

Might just be the world's most expensive chicken sandwich.

Walks away a teenager with a cool mill...hope he buys a house with and not a lambo.
A house would be a much wiser decision than a car, no doubt, but I wouldn't say "I hope" either way

I simply don't care enough

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has revealed that it would have been a "catastrophic" situation if Karl Oloapu didn't realise he had neck pains.

Pinned as the club's next big thing, the injury to Oloapu has allowed the Bulldogs to discover that the youngster had a serious spine condition before sustaining the injury to his neck.

Makes you wonder if the Broncs had any inside information on this.......?

Does it say that Karl himself and his family previously knew about this serious spine condition.....?
Could explain why they were all very quick to take the largest amount of cash on the table.

randy marsh GIF by South Park

All bitterness aside, it’s pretty fkn sad to see such a young talented kid endure such a significant health impact.

Hope he kicks on. Some broncos fans may not take the empathetic position, and I get that to a degree but if anything it shows why young athletes should do what they can tog eat as much money as soon as possible; or can all come undone pretty quickly

All bitterness aside, it’s pretty fkn sad to see such a young talented kid endure such a significant health impact.

Hope he kicks on. Some broncos fans may not take the empathetic position, and I get that to a degree but if anything it shows why young athletes should do what they can tog eat as much money as soon as possible; or can all come undone pretty quickly

Yeah but wasn't it reported that he was playing on after the injury, which could have made it considerably worse? If that is the case, going to the highest bidder and being chewed up as a mercenary doesn't seem like the best career choice either.

Is he the one we blocked from joining the dolphins or tits? If so it’s unlikely we kept inside info on the injury.Maybe kevvie wouldn’t meet with him because he was a pain in the neck lol.

While it's annoying as a fan, I cant blame players for chasing the money and big offer while they can.

But there is still a professional way to conduct yourself. What pissed me off about this kid was the ‘I will never play for Brisbane as long as I live’ because we didnt give him an upgrade on a contract he had just started, and once his release was rejected all these accusations came flying in.

But yea, I do hope the injury isnt career ending, and he comes through.

Have there been any players who have had significant neck issues come back well? He might go on to play still but not sure his career will reach any significant heights after this.

I can't stand what he did to the Broncs but wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Have there been any players who have had significant neck issues come back well? He might go on to play still but not sure his career will reach any significant heights after this.

I can't stand what he did to the Broncs but wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Tate? Was never as good as he could’ve been though

Active Now

• Astro
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.