Kayo v Foxtel Now

I use the app on the smart tv in the living room, but I use the xbox to watch stuff in my room. Kind of shitty that it's 25 a month and still not on xbox or playstation yet.

You can watch it through microsoft edge but the playback isn't as smooth as the app.
Send them feedback through the app. I do it every few months and say where's the Xbox app you promised in early 2020. They stopped replying.

Last edited:
Send them feedback through the app. I do it every few months and say where's the Xbox app you promised in early 2020. They stopped replying.

I see comments about it everywhere anytime Kayo is mentioned, they must be well aware people want it. I did leave them feedback last year lol. Fuckin' amateurs.

I use the new Google TV Chromecast. Works a treat and it's the only thing I've found that works for all of Kayo, Netflix, Foxtel, Prime etc.
Yep great device.

I just wish they had a simple box for my dad to use where you could just press one button and be in the rugby league channel but I guess that would cut into Foxtel.

my brother has Kayo and he just gave me his password. he had a spare "licence" since he only uses one. now i'm set for the league season

another advantage of my new android TV.

Can someone clear up something with Kayo.

Is it true there a feature to start a game from the beginning even if it’s live and half way through? Are the replay instantly available without spoilers?

For example, if I’m out tonight and get home at 9:30pm, could I instantly switch on Kayo and play the Broncos v Cowboys trial from the beginning ?

And if this is the case, is it like that for every game?

Last edited:
Can someone clear up something with Kayo.

Is it true there a feature to start a game from the beginning even if it’s live and half way through? Are the replay instantly available without spoilers?

For example, if I’m out tonight and get home at 9:30pm, could I instantly switch on Kayo and play the Broncos v Cowboys trial from the beginning ?

that is true sir ...

in the setting you can select "no spoilers" option, so you won't see any scores. then when you click on the game to watch it will ask you if you want to "watch from the start" or "watch live".

i can't remember if watching live warns you about the spoilers before starting the stream

that is true sir ...

in the setting you can select "no spoilers" option, so you won't see any scores. then when you click on the game to watch it will ask you if you want to "watch from the start" or "watch live".

i can't remember if watching live warns you about the spoilers before starting the stream
That’s hectic. Okay, I’m sold!

Yep great device.

I just wish they had a simple box for my dad to use where you could just press one button and be in the rugby league channel but I guess that would cut into Foxtel.

You could do this with Harmony. It would still be like a manual process, but it could happen.

You will love it my man, Kayo is so simple but so easy to use and these instant replay / from start / from live options are a massive plus for it.

If you have any mates who have it, it's worth asking. Lots of people sign up for the regular plan, not realising it allows multiple users. Or go halves with a mate if you're wanting to save some cash.

Used my Telstra mobile account to watch some games through the NRL app last year, but you can't cast it to a TV and the iPad app doesn't scale. It was fine, but big screen is better. Watched some through my UK Sky account (shared) through a VPN, which is slightly better but also can't cast it. But best results through an ahem "free" feed cast to my TV. Not always available, and not always HD. Used to use a Kodi add-on on my Amazon Fire TV but they've become less reliable.

Still deciding whether to keep my Telstra mobile account as they just jacked the price right up. Probably not.

Last edited:
Used my Telstra mobile account to watch some games through the NRL app last year, but you can't cast it to a TV and the iPad app doesn't scale. It was fine, but big screen is better. Watched some through my UK Sky account (shared) through a VPN, which is slightly better but also can't cast it. But best results through an ahem "free" feed cast to my TV. Not always available, and not always HD. Used to use a Kodi add-on on my Amazon Fire TV but they've become less reliable.

Still deciding whether to keep my Telstra mobile account as they just jacked the price right up. Probably not.

I think they give you a free Kayo sub now. @Kimlo - You saw something about this yeah?

I think they give you a free Kayo sub now. @Kimlo - You saw something about this yeah?
Not free but $5 a month for 12 months so pretty sweet deal. You sign up in the Telstra 247 app in the rewards section

Last edited:
I’ve been a long term Foxtel subscriber (just the basic package to get sport) but have been eying Kayo for a while.
Have a couple questions for those who have Kayo.. firstly, I gather that you download an app, how do you then play / stream through your television?
secondly, how reliable is the service? I used to see quite a bit of whinging on twitter from folks about Kayo not working or dropping out etc.
thanks 🙏

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.