Kayo v Foxtel Now

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
With the NRL app now no longer playing matches I will reluctantly succumb to the marketing racket and immigrate to one of the sport streaming services.

What’s the best value for money in Kayo v Foxtel Now sport package?

I do enjoy other sports from time to time and would enjoy some of the other NRL content such as 360 or Matty John’s. Not huge on tv and movies but would make use of it occasionally.
The main concern is the games and the price I guess.

Are there any other options out there (other than unofficial streams) ?

Cheers

Kayo 100%

It has apps for every device (or just the website on desktop) and the UI is very easy to navigate. There’s even a no-spoiler mode for the whole thing so you can watch a game of anything on delay with no risk of it getting spoiled unless you accidentally hit ‘watch live’ instead ‘watch from start’

I have both and Kayo is the app I go to first.
Kayo > Foxtel Now x1000%

Kayo has a much higher stream quality in my experience.

Kayo is basically a one stop shop for spot. As mentioned above it is easy to navigate and has a really big range of sports, even hot dog eating comps.

With the NRL app now no longer playing matches I will reluctantly succumb to the marketing racket and immigrate to one of the sport streaming services.

What’s the best value for money in Kayo v Foxtel Now sport package?

I do enjoy other sports from time to time and would enjoy some of the other NRL content such as 360 or Matty John’s. Not huge on tv and movies but would make use of it occasionally.
The main concern is the games and the price I guess.

Are there any other options out there (other than unofficial streams) ?

Cheers

If you are a Telstra mobile customer and had the free NRL app there is an offer for Kayo $5 a month for 12 months.

Last edited:
Value for your money is the key for me.......
Kayo at full price is $25 a month and you get all the sport you want.
OR you go with Foxtel and pay $25 a month to get all the basic channels which you will hardly use, and then have to pay an additional $29 to add the sports pack.
For the same(ish) $ per month you can have Kayo, Netflix, Stan and Amazon Prime and have so much on demand content you won't keep up.

And just because it makes no sense to me.....how is it possible that you pay more to add a pack to an existing service than it does to buy the same service from scratch? $25 for Fox Sport ON ITS OWN or $29 to ADD IT to something you are already subscribing to?
Makes much more sense if Kayo was $29 or $30 and then the sports pack on Fox was an extra $15 or something.

Last edited:
Kayo is basically a one stop shop for spot. As mentioned above it is easy to navigate and has a really big range of sports, even hot dog eating comps.
Ugh hot dog eating comps😂. That's content that you can consume.

Like..only good thing. And still not great. Get it on xbox and playstation already ya dinosaur.

Shits me having to use an Android TV box sitting on top of my Xbox to watch footy.

I use my Apple TV . Works a charm

I use my Apple TV . Works a charm

I use the app on the smart tv in the living room, but I use the xbox to watch stuff in my room. Kind of shitty that it's 25 a month and still not on xbox or playstation yet.

You can watch it through microsoft edge but the playback isn't as smooth as the app.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Santa
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fatboy
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.